Funny Comments People Have Made About Your Car

Soulnchain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Country flag
I come from a Hybrid Toyota Auris sw (european), passed it on to the wife and got the hatchback. The first day at work:
- one guy walks in my office "hey, who parked the spaceship outside?"
- another guy knowing it was my car "oh, yeah it totally looks like a mellow family car like your previuos one"
- and the last "is that car actually there or is it a hologram from the future?"
Sponsored

cfleegle

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Coupe 2015 Chrysler 200s
Vehicle Showcase
The green was my first choice but there wasn't a single 6MT coupe in the entire SE US at the time I bought my car. This was pre-SI.
I didn't even know the green existed until I went to the dealer. I went to look at a black hatch sport but then saw the green in the showroom. The hatch sport had the look I wanted but the basic inside with the little radio and everything so I looked at the EX-T that I got and it had everything basically on the inside I wanted. Plus they came off 4000 off of the sticker and gave me an extra 2000 for my trade so I wouldn't have negative equity. A lot of people don't like the green but it isn't their car. I get more compliments than negativity anyways. It was a 2016 still brand new and I bought it Oct of 2017 so they really wanted it gone. Looking back I wouldn't change a thing. Out of all the green color cars out there like the go green charger and I think the camaro comes in green now, Honda made it best.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My coworker calls my car a spaceship for some reason
I've gotten this before.

When there weren't so damn many of these on the road, I got a good deal of compliments. Even started waving at a guy in an 8th gen Si.

CivicNerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
A friend of mine owns a 9th gen civic and she picked it because she thought it looked like a spaceship. I showed her a pic of my hatch and she thought it looked more like a spaceship than hers.

A lot of times, I get caught staring at my car while at work. One day somebody said, "find someone who looks at you like she looks at her car."

Last edited:

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Some drunk older guy walking out to his Jetta with his buddy at Braum’s asked me if Luke Skywalker drove that thing. I’m like buddy I’m sorry I don’t drive the German equivalent of a Kia Sephia to blend in with every other car on the road :oops:

jeffasaul

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Sedan - Aegean Blue - Her name is "Azora"
Country flag
In the month+ that I have my 18 EX Sedan, I have gotten no less than five random complements from strangers. One was a gas station attendant, who says "Did you just go to car wash? This car is a lot cleaner than all of the salty ones I see here. What year is it?" My response was "Yes, just washed it to get salt off, and it's an 18 Civic." "WOW you didn't waste anytime!"

Best one was I pulled up to Applebee's carside to go. Cute girl comes out to give me my order and while I was signing the Credit Card receipt, she says "Oooh is this the new Civic? Wow, it's soooooo much nicer with more legroom than my '09 Civic." She was definitely flirting with me for another minute or so, gushing over the car and that I looked good driving it. Somehow I don't think she would have been as nice if I was driving a beat up Chevy :D.

Last edited:

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
Glas I don't get those. This is why I like my LX without the dual center pipes and big wheels.
Well when I was first shopping for my car I had every intention of just getting an LX as well. But walking into the showroom they had a gorgeous white Sport on display, and the centre exhaust and giant wheels just sold me on it.

rraayy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
“You starring in the next Fast & Furious?”

“That car looks like a Transformer.”

I take both as compliments. Cost under 25K and actually fun to drive ... and my snowboard fits. Perfect car for me.

Giltibo

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Accord Coupe 5MT. '18 Civic Sport Touring 6MT (Both Red!)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Parked beside a white Si at work... The owner looked at both... Red Sport Touring Hatch - White Si Sedan... Told me "What the Hell? Looks sportier than mine!, wish I had those dark wheels!"

jessieomc

First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
A friend of mine owns a 9th gen civic and she picked it because she thought it looked like a spaceship. I showed her a pic of my hatch and she thought it looked more like a spaceship than hers.

A lot of times, I get caught staring at my car while at work. One day somebody said, "find someone who looks at you like she looks at her car."

I stare at my car a lot more than I would like to admit. I know them feels. :love:

unr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L15B7
Country flag
A little girl was walking by my driveway and I heard who would get a car that color lol. The green gets mixed reviews but I don't really care, I like it.
That feel when a little girl has better taste than you.

callmehandsum

First Name
Studmuffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, BMW 540i, Chevy Spark EV, Civic LX
Parked beside a white Si at work... The owner looked at both... Red Sport Touring Hatch - White Si Sedan... Told me "What the Hell? Looks sportier than mine!, wish I had those dark wheels!"
What year was the Si? The underbody spoilers on the sport hatch does make it look sporty.

shadowspar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Hatch LX CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just getting a 'Nice car' observed from garden variety young people is good enough for me. I never got that in such random fashion with my 1995 Sc300 unless they were hardcore car people.
Haha, saaaaame. Most recent was one of the clerks at a local bookstore. I go up to the counter and she's like "Was that you who just pulled up out back in the white Civic? Sweet ride!" She was probably more into cars than I am, we ended up bs-ing about cars, roadtrips, and crappy Ontario highways for a while.

I don't think I'll ever get used to the random "Wow, nice car!" encounters. But I'm ok with that, I'm loving it. :D

st1llundftd

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R; 2017 Honda Civic Sedan SI
Country flag
These kids noticed the turbo stickers on the side of my car. So one of them asked his friend, "Do the new civics really have turbo or is this person BS-ing?"
Of course his friend replies "that's all BS. those stickers are fake! Honda would never make a turbo civic"

:doh:
Sponsored