Funny Comments People Have Made About Your Car

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
My PWP 2019 Civic Touring Coupe has red JDM "H" badges, red painted calipers & the Canadian "TURBO" lettering on the rockers, otherwise very stock. Came out of my Fitness Center this morning, found a 30's-ish couple looking at my car, as I approached they asked "Is this the new Porsche?" I was tempted, but showed them the Civic logo on the trunk lid, they were very complimentary, asking a few questions, I ended up giving them one of the business cards my salesperson (a woman) gave me. They were driving a 3-4 year old Toyota Corolla SE that they told me they were "bored" with, Interesting. Who knows, I may pick up a $50 referral! :):)
Sponsored

ericwudi0830

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I just moved into a new apartment complex this week and today after I parked a guy walking his dog turned to me and asked "So how hard does the V-Tec kick in on that thing??" :doh: he then went on to tell me how his girl makes comments about loving my car haha.

What funny comments or questions have you all run into?
His girl wants your car.. and maybe you Haha

OP
OP
DeVo

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
His girl wants your car.. and maybe you Haha
haha nice kid but def an odd way to introduce yourself. I since have moved states and upgraded to a CTR. I haven't got anything too funny yet

OP
OP
DeVo

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
today while putting my mud flaps on a guy stopped and said "dude that's a sick civic". I told him I appreciated it and then got asked "so how many miles does it get?". I gave a blank stare and told him I wasn't sure what you're trying to ask..

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
one time a dude rolled up to me in a supra at a stoplight and said "nice car, whats the retail on those thing?"

i just looked at him with a huge grin and said "more than you can afford pal, Si".

Justin G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport.
Country flag
I park mine in front of my Golf shop and get compliments on it all the time from old men. Like "Honda is really stepping up their game". One guy asked me how many speeding tickets I've got. This week my son told his friends to help keep an eye out for my Civic in the parent pick up line. When he got in the car his friends where yelling "that's not a civic!".

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I haven't ever received any comments about my car, funny or otherwise. At least, not unsolicited.

one time a dude rolled up to me in a supra at a stoplight and said "nice car, whats the retail on those thing?"

i just looked at him with a huge grin and said "more than you can afford pal, Si".
More Fast & Furious references? lol

today while putting my mud flaps on a guy stopped and said "dude that's a sick civic". I told him I appreciated it and then got asked "so how many miles does it get?". I gave a blank stare and told him I wasn't sure what you're trying to ask..
I don't know if I'm just slow to the punch or anything, but it sounds like he's asking about MPG? He didn't happen to clarify when you requested such clarification?

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Someone said I can't tell the difference between a 2006 civic and the new ones they all look the same to me....:nono:

OP
OP
DeVo

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
I haven't ever received any comments about my car, funny or otherwise. At least, not unsolicited.

I don't know if I'm just slow to the punch or anything, but it sounds like he's asking about MPG? He didn't happen to clarify when you requested such clarification?
I said "uh do you mean MPG?" and he replied with"uh yeah sure". I don't think he had a clue what to ask lol

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not really funny, but made me feel good, was a guy driving a black sedan pointed at my sonic grey hatch while filling up at the gas station, and said, "Wow! Is that the stock color? Looks cool!"

And a coworker said to me, "I had a Civic once. It's too light, and caused me to get into an accident in the winter." In the same breath, she also says, "I don't need winter tires." Well, apparently you do! She also says, "Only a V6 is any good in the snow, because they are heavy." She drives a CR-V.
She needs her license suspended

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag

I never paid too much attention to this movie series. But since marrying my wife, she indirectly got me into watching and really digging them, especially the first, as these movies and Paul Walker are super popular in the Philippines

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag

This is the moment i live for.. and you snuffed me out it!

Davsonamission

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have had two kids tell their dad's my car looks like the bat mobile XD
Sponsored