BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
The Mezger engine in the 997 is special. The 991 4.0L is also proving to be incredible. Probably only applies to Porsche fan, each generation has its own charm!

To most, they are all “just a 911”. :D
Agree. Really need to be in the 6-9k range to experience the 4.0 but that generally puts you >> the speed limit.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ForeverCar

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R and some other cars ;-)
Country flag
Agree. Really need to be in the 6-9k range to experience the 4.0 but that generally puts you >> the speed limit.
I still replay memories of 7k to 9k rpm in the 991.2 GT3T. It’s intense and exciting!

I look forward to a built engine, bigger turbo, reving to 9k. I think that should be pretty fun on the Civic Type R.:cool:

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
I still replay memories of 7k to 9k rpm in the 991.2 GT3T. It’s intense and exciting!

I look forward to a built engine, bigger turbo, reving to 9k. I think that should be pretty fun on the Civic Type R.:cool:
That sounds awesome

OP
OP

ForeverCar

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That sounds awesome
I think I most likely need to eliminate DI to rev to 9k. Since I already have Motec it should be okay.

RR has much better traction though. In a FF setup, I’m looking forward to playing to boost control and traction control. 4th might be able to take full power on good condition is what I’m expecting.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Message received. Thank you again, I am humbled. :cool:

Meant to ask, did you pull the trigger on the Acuity full shifter and shifter cable bushing upgrade?
Cannot recommend it more highly. One of my favorite mods available for the car. Takes the FK8 driving experience up several notches.. Just remember to apply non-hardening silicone O-Ring lube to the shifter cable bushing faces before install. ;)

Awesome to read the Type R is part of a stable of such amazing cars and still gets driven. :thumbsup:

Paging @fatherpain in case DM notification isn’t coming through. :cool:

OP
OP

ForeverCar

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Message received. Thank you again, I am humbled. :cool:

Meant to ask, did you pull the trigger on the Acuity full shifter and shifter cable bushing upgrade?
Cannot recommend it more highly. One of my favorite mods available for the car. Takes the FK8 driving experience up several notches.. Just remember to apply non-hardening silicone O-Ring lube to the shifter cable bushing faces before install. ;)

Awesome to read the Type R is part of a stable of such amazing cars and still gets driven. :thumbsup:
I forgot about the shifter upgrade! :D

For now, I’m staying with the stock shifter. It’s one of the best stock shifters out there and it might work well for what I want to do with the car.

The current plan is keeping learning Motec on a stock setup. Then a built engine with bigger turbo. Then run it in a 1/2-mile event and see how it goes.

OP
OP

ForeverCar

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
While Civic Type R is keeping the stock shifter for now, I did order a CAE shifter in a moment of weakness. It’s for the BRZ though.

Honda Civic 10th gen (Fun & unusual?) Intro, just added a 2021 Type R 83727776-18B7-4C93-BA30-425599D651CE

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I forgot about the shifter upgrade! :D

For now, I’m staying with the stock shifter. It’s one of the best stock shifters out there and it might work well for what I want to do with the car.

The current plan is keeping learning Motec on a stock setup. Then a built engine with bigger turbo. Then run it in a 1/2-mile event and see how it goes.
Amazing stable you have sir.

I fully agree on quality of stock R shifter, great as OEM, I added a short extension and heavy Raceseng Stratos knob, about as good as it gets. I have Hybrid Racing cable bushings to install but with my skills (or lack thereof), a two hour job might become a week of frustration, with parts left over.

Some things like the shifter work well as is so don’t fix what ain’t broke. I also understand Fatherpain’s views as ‘Better Diamond’ in that you’re happy with what you have until you directly compare it to something better and never regret the upgrade. I’ve seen some say the Acuity is more precise and adjustable but it takes more shifting force. That’s the opposite force wise of what I value in a daily so I’m happy enjoying margarine smooth low-effort shifting.

I’ll be in the back of the crowd peeking over heads to see what you wow us with next.
?

Honda Civic 10th gen (Fun & unusual?) Intro, just added a 2021 Type R 61AB12DB-AF2A-46E6-A398-8FD9152EBBC2

Last edited:
OP
OP

ForeverCar

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Amazing stable you have sir.

I fully agree on quality of stock R shifter, great as OEM, I added a short extension and heavy Raceseng Stratos knob, about as good as it gets. I have Hybrid Racing cable bushings to install but with my skills (or lack thereof), a two hour job might become a week of frustration, with parts left over.

Some things like the shifter work well as is so don’t fix what ain’t broke. I also understand Fatherpain’s views as ‘Better Diamond’ in that you’re happy with what you have until you directly compare it to something better and never regret the upgrade. I’ve seen some say the Acuity is more precise and adjustable but it takes more shifting force. That’s the opposite force wise of what I value in a daily so I’m happy enjoying margarine smooth low-effort shifting.

I’ll be in the back of the crowd peeking over heads to see what you wow us with next.
?
Looks like a good setup. I’ve been through my share of shifter upgrades. It’s usually a trade off. The stock Type R shifter is precise and low effort. I am sure the full acuity setup is great. It’ll just be at a different point on the spectrum.

@fatherpain work on his car inspires me! I will likely attempt to do more in the future. Starting with the easier stuff (software side of things).

There are some exciting incoming cars if all goes according to plan.;)

OP
OP

ForeverCar

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Saying goodbye for now. In an unplanned and unexpected move, I just sold all the cars and only kept the BRZ for now. o_O

I really enjoyed the car and discovered an amazing community here. Happy to pop in here once in a while to share exciting car related adventures too.

Nothing escapes this group so I will leave another clue on “what’s next”. Find out more on 2022-01-27.;)

OP
OP

ForeverCar

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So the new BRZ is that good.... See you on the ft86 forum. ;)
Well, the new BRZ is great. However, there will be incoming exciting cars over the coming months and years that I’d be happy to share my experience with this group.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A little bummed to see ya leave the platform so soon… was interested to see how your FK8 build was going to turn out and it’s been great to read how the Type R earned drive time alongside all of the awesome cars in your collection…

There have been a few CivicX members that have moved on from the Type R, only to return after missing the car. Hopefully that will be the case here also, heh.

Thanks again for the entertaining thread and best of luck for what’s ahead. Will be looking forward to the updates :)

OP
OP

ForeverCar

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A little bummed to see ya leave the platform so soon… was interested to see how your FK8 build was going to turn out and it’s been great to read how the Type R earned drive time alongside all of the awesome cars in your collection…

There have been a few CivicX members that have moved on from the Type R, only to return after missing the car. Hopefully that will be the case here also, heh.

Thanks again for the entertaining thread and best of luck for what’s ahead. Will be looking forward to the updates :)
I think I’m primarily a FR enthusiast at heart. That said, I can see myself getting suckered into the new Civic Type R too!

It’s going to be a long wait. But I’m rebuilding my cars around something special that I think will really be a true forever car. A few more days and I can talk more about it (NDA).
Sponsored