OP
OP

ForeverCar

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R and some other cars ;-)
Country flag
In fairness, we own a lot of the same type of cars. I too have a Type R and 911R which we bought new. My wife has a Ferrari Cali HS30. We even have a Countach! But I agree, Honda enthusiasts tend to be true car people (unlike many owners of some other makes) and I much enjoy the forums here as they normally relate to the cars themselves instead of values etc. I recall a very similar passion when I was on the S2000 forums years ago.

Congrats again on the new ride--you have great taste!

V
Countach! That’s awesome! There are plenty of cars that I missed the boat on. I still admire them for sure.

To some, the Civic Type R is puzzling. Those that know understand though. I love driving the CTR. Last Sunday, I debated taking the 765LT or the CTR for a fun drive. Ended up taking the CTR and loved every minute of it. Still boggles my mind how good the car handles (there’s an uphill on-ramp left then right hander that I think I can be flat 1st thru 3rd, my last attempt was close but I did feathered the throttle to transfer a bit of weight for turn in, might try left foot brake a bit next time).
Sponsored

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Great to see an enthusiast group that know cars!
C761E5AB-1D25-4B67-8BF4-9DC735DC92B1.jpeg
Ahh SPEC! Silver wheels is such a good choice ?

Enjoy the V12 sir, sadly we only have them for so long..

OP
OP

ForeverCar

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ahh SPEC! Silver wheels is such a good choice ?

Enjoy the V12 sir, sadly we only have them for so long..
While I think black wheels work for certain cars like the Civic Type R and 765LT, I find that silver works better on others.

I am not special enough to get an 812 Competitizione so I am happy with the 812 Superfast. Very likely to be the last generation of unassisted V12. There will be faster, different, and fun new cars but I may not be able to move on with times.:oops:

I am not excited about the SF90, 296, and Artura.:rolleyes:

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
While I think black wheels work for certain cars like the Civic Type R and 765LT, I find that silver works better on others.

I am not special enough to get an 812 Competitizione so I am happy with the 812 Superfast. Very likely to be the last generation of unassisted V12. There will be faster, different, and fun new cars but I may not be able to move on with times.:oops:

I am not excited about the SF90, 296, and Artura.:rolleyes:
In time I'm sure you'll get there :) I thought Ferrari outdid themselves with the TDF design, but the Competitizione is even crazier!

But there is something special about the 599 GTO as well if you wanted to consider going back 10 years:

SF90 is odd-looking, 296 I like from a design standpoint as it reminds me of the 250LM, and yeah Artura I've mostly looked past because it's in the shadows of the 765LT

OP
OP

ForeverCar

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
In time I'm sure you'll get there :) I thought Ferrari outdid themselves with the TDF design, but the Competitizione is even crazier!

But there is something special about the 599 GTO as well if you wanted to consider going back 10 years:

SF90 is odd-looking, 296 I like from a design standpoint as it reminds me of the 250LM, and yeah Artura I've mostly looked past because it's in the shadows of the 765LT
Ferrari does a fantastic job of building special cars. The special series and limited series cars are that much more amazing. I definitely want an F12 tdf but realize I most likely miss the boat on that one already. Of course, a 599 GTO would be amazing too.

There is something very special about the V12 cars that just does it for me. They are not the fastest, loudest, or best handling. However, the engine and the combination works great for what makes me happy.

While we are transitioning to more hybrid and fully electric, there are incredible cars to enjoy. I estimated that (including some inevitable future car “flings”), I probably won’t get to 100k+ miles per car on my keepers. That’s if I am lucky, get to spend good amount of time doing fun drives, as well as stay in good enough shape to enjoy cars for many more years. So, I concluded that I will chase cars when it's fun but the priority is driving the ones I have as much as possible.

gaara46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 4runner
Country flag
i saw a white 599gto in amsterdam years ago, its (to this date) probably the rarest car ive seen irl. congrats and cool thread.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you know of anyone who is running 255/35 on the original 20" wheels? Will it fit? I just got my first flat after 15,000 miles. It was on the original summer rubber. I already have a set of 19s Motegi with Michelin 255/35 all seasons. The ride is so much better with the 19s I'm ready to try the same setup on 20's if it fits. I'll put up with the speedo error for the improved ride and great performance of summer tires.
All,
Seems 255/35-20 square will work on OEM wheels.
Caveat: Will they rub with Eibach Pro springs?

I like my Exhilirate A/S (not All Situation) tires (500) on 19x9.5 TSWs (ET41) but they’re a little hard for serious curvy work like the Tail of the Dragon trip end of Aug. Budget wise, seems better to replace half worn 30 series Conti’s (no good w/potholes) mounted now with a (340) Firestone Indy 500 255/35-20 under $190 each if they fit the 8.5” ET60 OEM wheels.

Surely someone has tried these lowered on springs?

I get this is a bag brag moment but no point, not my config, thanks.

OP
OP

ForeverCar

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
All,
Seems 255/35-20 square will work on OEM wheels.
Caveat: Will they rub with Eibach Pro springs?

I like my Exhilirate A/S (not All Situation) tires (500) on 19x9.5 TSWs (ET41) but they’re a little hard for serious curvy work like the Tail of the Dragon trip end of Aug. Budget wise, seems better to replace half worn 30 series Conti’s (no good w/potholes) mounted now with a (340) Firestone Indy 500 255/35-20 under $190 each if they fit the 8.5” ET60 OEM wheels.

Surely someone has tried these lowered on springs?

I get this is a bag brag moment but no point, not my config, thanks.
If you are already lowered with Eibach Pro springs, you can put the stock wheels & tires on and use a mock up to check clearance. At the lowest clearance points (remember to turn the front both ways and check both “ends” of the tire). 255/35 will be 5mm wider and ~16mm taller.

If not lowered already, you can jack up the opposite side to simulate the suspension geometry.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you are already lowered with Eibach Pro springs, you can put the stock wheels & tires on and use a mock up to check clearance. At the lowest clearance points (remember to turn the front both ways and check both “ends” of the tire). 255/35 will be 5mm wider and ~16mm taller.

If not lowered already, you can jack up the opposite side to simulate the suspension geometry.
Thanks for quick response and mock up idea, already lowered. If they’re much taller OD than my Exhil’s in 255/25-19 then no joy, no rub ever but not much to spare.

Silly me should have thought about future more when I tried OEM Conti’s months ago for Autocross as ToTD was a known but unscheduled (prelim) event then.

For anyone interested, it’s last Sat in Aug, also an S2000 weekend besides CTR flock at ToTD in NW NC/SE TN basing out of Fontana Resort, sign up soon, PM for link as I’m not involved in organizing so there’s hope it’ll be run well.

OP
OP

ForeverCar

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for quick response and mock up idea, already lowered. If they’re much taller OD than my Exhil’s in 255/25-19 then no joy, no rub ever but not much to spare.

Silly me should have thought about future more when I tried OEM Conti’s months ago for Autocross as ToTD was a known but unscheduled (prelim) event then.

For anyone interested, it’s last Sat in Aug, also an S2000 weekend besides CTR flock at ToTD in NW NC/SE TN basing out of Fontana Resort, sign up soon, PM for link as I’m not involved in organizing so there’s hope it’ll be run well.
Do you mean 255/35/19 currently clears but not much room to spare? If so, 255/35/20 needs an extra 0.5 inch of clearance.

MediaMaster

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2024 Ford Maverick
Country flag
Do you mean 255/35/19 currently clears but not much room to spare? If so, 255/35/20 needs an extra 0.5 inch of clearance.
I've run 255/35/19 with a +53 wheel without any issues. Put around 8K miles on them last winter. Currently have 255/35/20 on rear and will have the same on front in 5 days. No issues in back (not that I expected any back there.)

OP
OP

ForeverCar

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Motec is taking a little longer than anticipated. Oh well, my bad for underestimating. Still waiting for the @4piston engine too.

Got bored in the meantime and needed something to play with. One thing led to another and I ended up buying 2 cars.:D

Since I don’t have the cars in my possession at the moment, no unique parts photos to continue the silly (fun?) intro.

I bought a set of wheels for one of the incoming cars. Tires will be 245/40/17 Michelin PS4S.

The other addition is likely one of GOATs and I can’t wait to experience it for myself. Converting stated hp to bhp rating results in all three digits being the same.

Since this group is incredibly observant, I wonder you will be able to tell what these 2 new additions are.;)

OP
OP

ForeverCar

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
“Tips” too obscure? Any guesses on these 2 new additions? :)

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
i had an e36 m3 way back in the day that had that tire size(if i remember correctly). so my guess is that for one.
Sponsored