Fun roads to drive on?

Draider87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 accord 2.0 sport manual
Country flag
I am located in the Inland empire area in southern california. Where are some of your favorite back roads, mountain roads to take your car out to?
Sponsored

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
When I lived on Long Island it was 25A on the north shore of the island from the middle of the island to the north fork of the island very curvy and hilly
Now since I live in Florida it’s kings highway/ 761 semi curvy ( which most of the roads in Florida is straight and flat) and all open farm land it’s a nice drive on a early Sunday morning to Arcadia

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
I am located in the Inland empire area in southern california. Where are some of your favorite back roads, mountain roads to take your car out to?
Here's one.
https://tinyurl.com/uox7w8p

Not too heavy law enforcement and that small section of Hwy 74 is like a race track.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Azusa Canyons my guy, absolutely no cops unless someone calls them out there! Nothing but mountain back roads. No cell service tho is the downfall. HMU sometime, especially if you want car photos for IG

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
The roads out by Lake Berryessa are amazing. Popular spot for motorcyclists and canyon carvers. My favorite area to test freshly installed goodies on my old track rat 1LE Camaro.

Pekingduck

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Country flag
I like the Mount Baldy “Mountain road” In Upland. It nice and doesn’t take forever to get into the actual mountain area. There are two tunnel there so you can hear your exhaust if you have one. At 2/3 up there a dinner you can chill at to. I don’t like Azusa because there nowhere to grab a bite to eat but the road is better at Azusa.

yoitsbruce

First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hatch sport,
Country flag
laurel canyon is fun but short in hollywood area it can get packed with traffic but roads are wide enough for 40+ mph turns.

pcsavvy

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (Sonic Gray Pearl)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There are a number of back roads of various types between Santa Clarita and Antelope Valley. A few small rural towns with local gas station and market available. There are roads you can drive for miles with only occasional homes or ranches. Never saw a cop. There are flat straightaways and windy up and down hills type roads. If you feel up to it there is even a dirt road you can follow eventually it dead ends but there are some nice views of the Los Angeles National Forest area.
Or you can drive straight up the 5 north to the grapevine.

Reactions: EDM

shipdawg

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2004 WRX STi, & 2019 Honda HRV EX
Country flag
I like the Mount Baldy “Mountain road” In Upland. It nice and doesn’t take forever to get into the actual mountain area. There are two tunnel there so you can hear your exhaust if you have one. At 2/3 up there a dinner you can chill at to. I don’t like Azusa because there nowhere to grab a bite to eat but the road is better at Azusa.
If you make that right turn seconds before you get to the top, there's a cafe/convenience store back there beside the crystal lake campgrounds

Pekingduck

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Country flag
I don’t like when you make a right at the bridge there nothing really at gmr. I know crystal lake has the cafe. Mt baldy has a full bar though.

EDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru WRX
Country flag
Angeles Crest HWY
Palomar Mountain Road

Andruboine

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm so jealous of not only the amount of fun roads it seems like you have but also the community in California. Living in Chicago, i doubt i'll ever find a fun canyon to drive in.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Hwy 95 is the most underrated route in So Cal, hands down.

My route includes another stretch from hwy 33 through Ojai and Santa Paula. That area is busy come late morning. So if looking to just do 95, you can detour back up the 166 to the 5; or take 33 South and head back through Lockwood Valley Road.

https://goo.gl/maps/tfyMh2KmDpRukhtY6

And if you're up for an all-day trip, here's a good one:
https://goo.gl/maps/MQEu42Pq5XbdktW19

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Any suggestions in Sacramento area? I like HWY 49 and Salmon falls road. Placerville, Georgetown is my go to roads for weekends but I am trying to explore more.

Rone811

First Name
Rone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Forrest Hill Rd. and driving to Sonora through Sutter Creek highway 16 to 49. those are some crazy windy roads.
I didn't know about Salmon Falls Rd. I'll have to check that out.
Sponsored