First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So earlier this evening I was cruising around town and ready to head home. I pull up to a red light and then this mustang pulls up next to me. Just in case, I do the pedal dance real quick and put it in sport. Mind you, I’m FBO/W1/e35 tuned 362whp 310wtq. Turns out it’s my neighbor (not really but lives in the same general neighborhood) which happens to be a FBO/E85 tuned 460whp 430wtq manual 18’ GT. Once we realized who we were we did a little point forward gesture and smile.

You already know what happens next. Light turns green, I tree him hard. Not like that’s something to brag about at a street light but he saw who I was and already knew what was about to go down. It was spin city for us both but 1-4th I managed to stay ahead but he was definitely freight training me. Half way through 5th is when he sprints on by and there goes Monica.

Long story short, I got pulled on hard by a mustang. We met up after and he was pleasantly surprised and said he expected to gap me real quick and go home. I told him that’s what I was expecting too. I’m sure on good tires and a proper start he would have destroyed me but I made him work for that W. Just to add salt to a little wound of his, I said I still get 38mpg on the highway. Regardless, he has a badass car and gets all the credit. He said, jokingly I’m sure, that he needs to sell his car and get a Honda ha! I love this car!
Sponsored

Last edited:

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's why I love this platform

Most people don't expect to have competition with the newer Si's but if you just throw on a tune, some bolt ons and E85 you can walk a lot of cars

the baller mpg is just the icing on the cake too :headbang:

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cool story! Racing is always fun, even when ya lose. I'm not sure about the whole top of 5th gear on public roads, but I get it. Stay safe out there! Keep representing the H.

OP
OP
EkSean

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's why I love this platform

Most people don't expect to have competition with the newer Si's but if you just throw on a tune, some bolt ons and E85 you can walk a lot of cars

the baller mpg is just the icing on the cake too :headbang:
People definitely dont expect some new civic to be anywhere near fast or even quick. He was more surprised at the power it made for being a 1.5L and just bolt ons and tune.

OP
OP
EkSean

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cool story! Racing is always fun, even when ya lose. I'm not sure about the whole top of 5th gear on public roads, but I get it. Stay safe out there! Keep representing the H.
yea I never do that but the location we were was a very open area for miles with fields before we get to our neighborhood area. I never go to 5th but I wanted him to let out first haha stupid but super fun.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
yea I never do that but the location we were was a very open area for miles with fields before we get to our neighborhood area. I never go to 5th but I wanted him to let out first haha stupid but super fun.
I was just checking out your car and mods. Those are impressive stats. Ever go to a track? I feel like you could hit the 12's with those numbers.

OP
OP
EkSean

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was just checking out your car and mods. Those are impressive stats. Ever go to a track? I feel like you could hit the 12's with those numbers.
Thanks man! Unfortunately I haven’t had the opportunity to go yet but I definitely will soon. Plus I need a good set of tires. My best right now on my dragy is 13.73@110mph with a blistering 2.48 60ft haha it has the mph for 12s for sure. Just gotta get good at that 1/8th mile portion haha

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Stolen), 2013 Honda Accord Sport V6
Country flag
That is quite the power plant! With that much power/torque and light weight you probably do well in rolling races. In my Accord I once tried to go up with an ISF. MISTAKE! I bet if I still owned my 930 Turbo, I would've put that GT to shame, at least from a dig. I didn't drive it a lot cause I wanted to keep it in good condition, but I had my share of races. In most cases I never had to go any further than 2nd gear, I could take it to 60 in 1st and go to 120 in second! Any freeway pulls I would drop down to 2nd, 3rd and 4th were just cruising gears. Most of the time by the time people realized they lost I was long gone!

OP
OP
EkSean

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is quite the power plant! With that much power/torque and light weight you probably do well in rolling races. In my Accord I once tried to go up with an ISF. MISTAKE! I bet if I still owned my 930 Turbo, I would've put that GT to shame, at least from a dig. I didn't drive it a lot cause I wanted to keep it in good condition, but I had my share of races. In most cases I never had to go any further than 2nd gear, I could take it to 60 in 1st and go to 120 in second! Any freeway pulls I would drop down to 2nd, 3rd and 4th were just cruising gears. Most of the time by the time people realized they lost I was long gone!
With this same setup I beat my other neighbors (not really haha same area as mustang and I live) e63 amg from a 2nd year roll. This is the NA 6.2L V8 one. He jumped by a car and I played catch up and right at the top of 4th I squeezed ahead and let off and he kept going haha these little 1.5L eco motors are nothing to sleep on. I surprise a lot of people which is my favorite part about this car.
Sponsored