Fumoto Valve for Oil Drain Pan

bobbyboogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring - MSM
Country flag
I won't be using the Fomoto valve on my civic. I have one on my other car and I don't like how slow the oil drains.
Sponsored

First_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EXL Lunar SIlver
Country flag
Just saw a post that said we don't need an adapter for the Fumoto valve, but site says otherwise. Can someone please confirm?

2slo4u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, FRS
Vehicle Showcase
Just saw a post that said we don't need an adapter for the Fumoto valve, but site says otherwise. Can someone please confirm?
No adapter needed. My set up is the f106s. I have the plastic socket pressed and clamped into a clear tube and when I need to do an oil change just press the tube onto the nipple of the valve, put the tube into the hole of the oil container and let it drain.

https://www.fumotooildrainvalve.com/sh-10.html

For the people who don't use it because it takes a long time..how fast do you want our oil to drain? It doesn't take much more time, and in the time that it drains you can check on other things such as your fluid..or heck..go in the car and reset your oil life %. Wouldn't you want all the bad stuff in your oil to be settled on the bottom of your oil pan anyway?

Oxanamide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
No adapter needed. My set up is the f106s. I have the plastic socket pressed and clamped into a clear tube and when I need to do an oil change just press the tube onto the nipple of the valve, put the tube into the hole of the oil container and let it drain.

https://www.fumotooildrainvalve.com/sh-10.html

For the people who don't use it because it takes a long time..how fast do you want our oil to drain? It doesn't take much more time, and in the time that it drains you can check on other things such as your fluid..or heck..go in the car and reset your oil life %. Wouldn't you want all the bad stuff in your oil to be settled on the bottom of your oil pan anyway?
Which one do you think is better F106S or the F106SX.

Do you happen to have a picture of it fitted as well?

2slo4u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, FRS
Vehicle Showcase
Which one do you think is better F106S or the F106SX.

Do you happen to have a picture of it fitted as well?
I don't have any pics at the moment but I stand by the S with their nipple attachment. I dont even have to take off the tray anymore. I just slip the hose on with the nipple attatched and flip the valve open. The SX may not allow that

razz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sentra
Country flag
Hate to rain on everyone's picnic BUT, a RAPID oil drain immediately after shut off is probably desirable, to get as much of the bad stuff out as possible.
Is the oil then hot enough to melt plastic oil collections container? Should a metal one be had instead?

razz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sentra
Country flag
Looking at trying the F106SX and a 3/8" ID x 2' Vinyl Hose. Does the hose have to be heat resistant. Thinking it be best to open the valve when the engine is hot. Would that melt the hose and potentially the plastic oil catch container?

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Looking at trying the F106SX and a 3/8" ID x 2' Vinyl Hose. Does the hose have to be heat resistant. Thinking it be best to open the valve when the engine is hot. Would that melt the hose and potentially the plastic oil catch container?
The oil isn't hot enough to melt plastic tubing or the catch container.

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just use your damn plug, these are not needed lmao smh

Mogadee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Mazdaspeed 3, '17 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
Just use your damn plug, these are not needed lmao smh
No aftermarket parts are needed, but we do them anyway. I got tired of getting hot oil on my hands when doing changes. Guess what? With one installed, no more hot oil on my hands or splashing out while draining.

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Civic LX Sedan - 1998 Civic Hatch - TBD Turbo Something - 2014 Honda Ruckus - 2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No aftermarket parts are needed, but we do them anyway. I got tired of getting hot oil on my hands when doing changes. Guess what? With one installed, no more hot oil on my hands or splashing out while draining.
If you are getting oil on your hands and or splashing from the plug you are doing it wrong lmao. The filter yeah, maybe, but def not from the plug smh lolol

And sure, if you don't care to be any faster, then no, aftermarket parts wouldn't be needed, kinda an odd comparison but ok lmao

Mogadee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Mazdaspeed 3, '17 WOP Si Sedan
Country flag
If you are getting oil on your hands and or splashing from the plug you are doing it wrong lmao. The filter yeah, maybe, but def not from the plug smh lolol
Only so much space on a garage floor and I don't want to have a mess to clean.

Why are you against people using a tool that makes the job easier? Do you do everything without anything that makes it easier or more efficient?

And sure, if you don't care to be any faster, then no, aftermarket parts wouldn't be needed, kinda an odd comparison but ok lmao
Why is it an odd comparison? Do you not have a single mod on your car that doesn't increase hp?

Scarlet

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Only so much space on a garage floor and I don't want to have a mess to clean.

Why are you against people using a tool that makes the job easier? Do you do everything without anything that makes it easier or more efficient?

Why is it an odd comparison? Do you not have a single mod on your car that doesn't increase hp?
IDK, I drive up onto ramps and have no issues, been doing my own since new in 2017 lol.

I have plenty of mods, FBO, flex fuel, 27 turbo/inlet, built block and type r retro clutch setup.