Fumoto is having a 20% off sale today and tomorrow!!

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Careful with these valves I seen one car off roading , hit a rock tears the valve and the oil pan. Not a CTR but still...

My go to shop does $15 oil change with my own oil and parts. To me this isn't worth the risk.
Sponsored

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2010 Element EX AWD
Country flag
Careful with these valves I seen one car off roading , hit a rock tears the valve and the oil pan. Not a CTR but still...
This is why I like the F106SX. It allows you to position the latch mechanism in any orientation, which allows you to minimize risk of something hitting the valve.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag

My go to shop does $15 oil change with my own oil and parts. To me this isn't worth the risk.
I imagine this would be very unlikely on a regular road. Something would have to penetrate the skid plate first. Off-road I can definitely see it happen. Who the hell would off-road in their civic anyways ? Lol

Last edited:

slowman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ABM CTR, 08 Mugen Si, 07 Fit Sport, 06 Acura TSX, 95 240 LS3, 93 Civic VX B16B
Country flag
Just did first oil change on my Fit since installing the Fumoto valve... wow it was so nice. Works great.

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Any working codes right now? Did anybody get an email for one? I was about to do my oil change but now I'm contemplating getting one to lessen future mess.

Yoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT
Country flag
Got an email from Fumoto Tuesday...
"Throughout the United States and abroad, local, state & national governments have taken the precaution to close non-essential services. The Fumoto warehouse is located within Sonoma County, California. Our county government has decided the prudent course of action would be to conduct a shelter-in-place from now through April 7. All non-essential businesses and services are to be halted until the shelter-in-place order has been lifted.

Alas, as essential as Fumoto is to our loyal fans (as you are to us!), we are not an essential business. While the Fumoto Valve makes oil changes simpler, cleaner, and faster, we are not essential like first responders, hospitals & grocery stores. (Shout-out to our first responders, medical staff & grocers on our mailing list! You've been working hard under these circumstances. You all rock!)

While we cannot fulfill all orders at this time, if you have an urgent request, please email us at [email protected].

We want to thank you for your loyalty to Fumoto. We would not be here without you. We wish all of you and your families health and happiness, and hope in a positive outcome of this pandemic."

type_ramen

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Ended up ordering mine from Amazon. Figured the 20% diff makes up for shipping and tax (I have Prime).

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase