Fumoto is having a 20% off sale today and tomorrow!!

TypeSiR

Reaction score
Car(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You'd want one with a nipple (F106S, F106N) if using the $5 hose kit. Otherwise, oil will just shoot straight out (horizontal!). Unless you get the SX valve with adjustable (angle) valve. The cheapest F106 (without the N or S) doesn't have a nipple.

upload_2020-2-20_17-40-55.png

Advertisement

LSUFANDAN

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Sonic Grey Civic Type R
Country flag
i think im going to change my own oil so I purchased one. thanks for the coupon. probably could have done it without the valve but looks a lot cleaner lol.

TypeSiR

Reaction score
Car(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Which is the appropriate one for the Si? It says that the angle may be off?
The F106S and F106SX should work. Fatherpain didn't have any issue with the F106S and hose kit (see his post above) even though he has a CTR. You can always add the 1/2" or 1" extension for a $6 or $7 if you're not sure. The $5 hose kit is highly recommended.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 M2, 2013 X5M, 2019 Type R!!!
Country flag
The more I read about this setup the less I liked it? Yes it's convenient but there is some logic to the faster flow being better to get particulates out with the oil you're dumping. With the slow flow from the fumoto I'm going to pass on this setup and just do it without. GL those with but I think faster flow is better option than this.

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type-R
Country flag
The more I read about this setup the less I liked it? Yes it's convenient but there is some logic to the faster flow being better to get particulates out with the oil you're dumping. With the slow flow from the fumoto I'm going to pass on this setup and just do it without. GL those with but I think faster flow is better option than this.
I change my oil every 1500 miles or after a hard track day if I hit the temp warning. Don’t like running oil that’s been in the “hot zone”.
This will help with that.

Once a year before winter or (1.5 years) I plan on taking the valve off and doing a flush by having the stock drain bolt in and running some cheapo 0w20 oil for 20 min and then let it full drain warm.

OP
hpbyhermann

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Update : this is still a go for today and tomorrow!:thumbsup:

oak

First Name
wayne
Reaction score
Car(s)
civic type r
Country flag
Thx for the heads up on the special. Been meaning to get one.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Car(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thank you. You bring up a good point. Considering picking up a magnetic drain plug to swap for the Fumoto between oil changes every once in awhile, just in case. Maybe annually. ;)

Nitroturtle

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 PMM CTR, 2006 S2000, 2011 CR-V EX, 2007 Element LX AWD
Country flag
I use the F106SX on my CTR, as I prefer the ability to position the valve. I have these valves on all 4 of my Hondas and haven't had any issues.

OP
hpbyhermann

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
One important thing to remember about draining the oil, open the fill cap on the valve cover and pull up the dipstick when draining the oil, it will increase the flow tremendously by breaking the vaccum effect on the crankcase.:headbang: This will help pick up the oil flow while using the Fumoto drain valves.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Car(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Ah yes Hermann, that makes a lot of sense. I didn’t do that. Will definitely try that next time!