Fumoto Engine Oil Drain Valve?

Sman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 EX Hatch w/ Sensing
Just did my second oil change. I read that these can go too far in the oil pan and cause the oil not to fully drain. I can confirm that I still needed to do the full 3.7 quarts with the oil filter change.

B0nez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Si Coupe | '08 FJ Cruiser | '05 Jeep LJ
Country flag
Does use of the F106S require the ADL-106 adapter or will it fit without the adapter? ('19 Civic Si Coupe if it matters)

B0nez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
how do you torque these things properly?

can you get a socket and torque wrench on them somehow?
The easiest way I have found was using a crows foot with a small extension and the torque wrench. Never had one leak yet

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very happy with mine. I connect an oil extractor pump and finish a change faster than the old fashion way. Having come from a Camry with an FS-5E engine that has the filter mounted above with threads down, I'm still interested in ways to drain the filter before removing but haven't looked in detail at the boring kind of devices.

B0nez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Very happy with mine. I connect an oil extractor pump and finish a change faster than the old fashion way. Having come from a Camry with an FS-5E engine that has the filter mounted above with threads down, I'm still interested in ways to drain the filter before removing but haven't looked in detail at the boring kind of devices.

X2 on the oil filter! My buddy said he just uses an old grocery bag over it when he spins it off but when I tried that on my last ride it just made a bigger mess.

Since no one else has replied to my question yet.. perhaps you could help a guy out:
"Does use of the F106S require the ADL-106 adapter or will it fit without the adapter? ('19 Civic Si Coupe if it matters)"

Thanks in advance

chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic sport hatchback 6mt
Country flag
I have a 2018 hatchback sport and no adapter was required for the fumoto valve.

B0nez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have a 2018 hatchback sport and no adapter was required for the fumoto valve.
Considering that we have the same engine size I am guessing I will not need one as well.
Thank you!

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've had mine on for a year and used it twice. Fabulous. If your car is at operating temps before getting it up to drain, the reduced diameter opening doesn't matter much. I've never gone for my 12V fluid pump. I never saw @OpenRoads post- this can get even better! I had gotten the F106S, and it has one little barb, so I have just been holding some hose up to it. That feels lame now that I saw these:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=fumoto+SH-10&i=automotive&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

With one of those adapters I'll be able to just walk away from the car or check other items and come back to it.