Rocker23

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Hey guys, I have sweaty-ass hands and would like to try how a metal (or hard polymer) threaded shift knob feels. Preferably a fully threaded one that’s close to or is a round shape.

Has anyone found one or use one similar?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bunhyung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Touring
Hey guys, I have sweaty ass hands and would like to try how a metal (or hard polymer) threaded shift knob feels. Preferably a fully threaded one that’s close to or is a round shape.

In what way do you mean Threaded ?

jXian

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Hey guys, I have sweaty ass hands and would like to try how a metal (or hard polymer) threaded shift knob feels. Preferably a fully threaded one that’s close to or is a round shape.

I have a few different shift knobs, all fully threaded (no set screws). Favourite is probably a 42mm duracon black sphere. Lightweight and doesn't get hot/cold. Skunk2 weighted shift knob is also great, but burns my hand something fierce in the summer.

jXian

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ahhhh you mean knurled! That is the term for that. You run it in a lathe with this special tool that has wheels on top and bottom, each one a different angle. Think the top has ridges that look like ////// and bottom is \\\\\ so they create a cross hatch pattern indented into the material. If you find one you like, you may be able to have a machine shop knurl it for you for pretty cheap man!