Fully threaded shift knobs?

Rocker23

First Name
Jesse
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Civic LX Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Hey guys, I have sweaty-ass hands and would like to try how a metal (or hard polymer) threaded shift knob feels. Preferably a fully threaded one that’s close to or is a round shape.

Has anyone found one or use one similar?

Advertisement

Last edited:

Bunhyung

First Name
Benjamin
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2012 Mazda3 Hatch Syactiv, 2011 Toyota RAV4
Hey guys, I have sweaty ass hands and would like to try how a metal (or hard polymer) threaded shift knob feels. Preferably a fully threaded one that’s close to or is a round shape.

In what way do you mean Threaded ?

jXian

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Hey guys, I have sweaty ass hands and would like to try how a metal (or hard polymer) threaded shift knob feels. Preferably a fully threaded one that’s close to or is a round shape.

I have a few different shift knobs, all fully threaded (no set screws). Favourite is probably a 42mm duracon black sphere. Lightweight and doesn't get hot/cold. Skunk2 weighted shift knob is also great, but burns my hand something fierce in the summer.

adc3132

@sheesh_and_destroy
First Name
Drew
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ahhhh you mean knurled! That is the term for that. You run it in a lathe with this special tool that has wheels on top and bottom, each one a different angle. Think the top has ridges that look like ////// and bottom is \\\\\ so they create a cross hatch pattern indented into the material. If you find one you like, you may be able to have a machine shop knurl it for you for pretty cheap man!

Advertisement

Advertisement