full synthetic oil on my Touring..best brand and weight?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't even get me started.. lol he has a 5W30 "upgrade" thread.
OH EM GEE, that thread is at 21 pages of which about 10 comments are even worth the time.
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Funny, it doesn't list the NOACK volatility???? That's a pretty important number for a turbo engine.
Edit: misread your comment

Last edited:

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Was just listing true synthetics, Mobile1 and Pennzoil are group3 regular oils with a heavy additive package
What are you talking about? These are full synthetics. Not even a drop of Dino oil in them so not sure what you are saying.

OP
OP

elykoj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Country flag
ok so how do you rank these 3 oils and why?
Penzoil Ultra Platinum
Mobile1 Extended Performance Gold Cap
Mobile1 Advanced Fuel Econ Green Cap

all OW20 of course..

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
ok so how do you rank these 3 oils and why?
Penzoil Ultra Platinum
Mobile1 Extended Performance Gold Cap
Mobile1 Advanced Fuel Econ Green Cap

all OW20 of course..
Just like you have it ^
Don't forget about Castrol Syntec, I'd put it in between the Mobils.
Valvoline Syn Power is a very good group 3 choice as well. Hard to find in 0W20 tho.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
My oil came in today for tomorrow's service..
Honda Civic 10th gen full synthetic oil on my Touring..best brand and weight? IMG_0586.JPG

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
My oil came in today for tomorrow's service..
IMG_0586.JPG
Good choice on brand but I do the Signature series. It's better and also remember to adhere to the 'extreme service' changes since we have turbos. Turbos fall under extreme service. So even though Amasoil Signature Series says 25,000 miles or 1 year. That's for a regular engine. But Turbos get 15,000 miles or 1 year. So be aware of this.
Don't forget to pick up the oil drain plug washers at dealer. I always pick up a handful when I go there just so I have them on hand.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
That is the signature series
My bad. Lol. The old label was red. I didn't magnify it. Sorry. Indeed it is. Good choice.
I forgot to mention don't forget to go with their Ae or eA filters lol (I forgot). I always use Amsoil in all of my vehicles and motorcycles. good stuff.

Last edited:

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
My bad. Lol. The old label was red. I didn't magnify it. Sorry. Indeed it is. Good choice.
I forgot to mention don't forget to go with their Ae or eA filters lol (I forgot). I always use Amsoil in all of my vehicles and motorcycles. good stuff.
Red? I think you are thinking of 5W30. Ended up using the Mobil1 extended performance filters, one of the best oil filters other than AMSOIL.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Red? I think you are thinking of 5W30. Ended up using the Mobil1 extended performance filters, one of the best oil filters other than AMSOIL.
Yes. I did use them before as well on my Audi 8 cylinder as Amsoil didn't make the Ae filter. I did like the Mobil 1 filter Extended Performance. They are hard to find at the local Pep Boys by me though. Not sure why I was thinking red. 0-30 I think or 0-40. Maybe that's why it was red is it the viscosity? Because I bought several different grades of Signature years ago and it was always red.
I did just do my Touring and I don't remember a green label. Hahaha. Maybe in the last few years maybe they changed it. I've been using Amsoil for 30 years.
Just remember to adhere to the severe service schedule. But the MM is good enough. It will never let you surpass Amsoil's oil life expectancy.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. I did use them before as well on my Audi 8 cylinder as Amsoil didn't make the Ae filter. I did like the Mobil 1 filter Extended Performance. They are hard to find at the local Pep Boys by me though. Not sure why I was thinking red. 0-30 I think or 0-40. Maybe that's why it was red is it the viscosity? Because I bought several different grades of Signature years ago and it was always red.
I did just do my Touring and I don't remember a green label. Hahaha. Maybe in the last few years maybe they changed it. I've been using Amsoil for 30 years.
Just remember to adhere to the severe service schedule. But the MM is good enough. It will never let you surpass Amsoil's oil life expectancy.
Yeah they classify all the oils by color. 0-40 is Orange & 0-30 is Bronze.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Yeah they classify all the oils by color. 0-40 is Orange & 0-30 is Bronze.
Yeah. Maybe. As for I always keep my cars for over 25 years. So I always buy the same grade. Maybe that's why. I was always getting red. I just sold a 1985 Audi 3 years ago. Engine still strong with 300,000 miles. Also a 1998 accord with 200,000 I still have and always used Amsoil in all of them.
I wanted to say before that the reason I try to use Amsoils eA filters is that the Mobil 1 Extended Perf ones, last time I bought one, were twice as expensive. They were like $14 at Pep Boys. That was 5 years ago so now all my cars have the Amsoil eA filters available for them so I just stock up.