First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si Sedan (CBP)
Country flag
oifycpf.png

doesn't this mean that the ride height doesn't change at all?
Sure looks that way.

Enhanced comfort?

So, regular is softer and sport is tighter? Kinda odd.

I wouldn't mind the suspension if it was a subtle drop.

I've already got a set of TLX A-Spec 19" wheels so I'm ok without the HFP wheels. Aero.. I'd have to see it.

Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I want the wheels!!!! Also would they keep the front underbody spoiler red still? I feel like if I added it to my SI it would be out of place. Black would be perfect.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I saw this last night when I was buying my horn upgrade lol, I had no idea it had just been released.

Unibrow Tail Lights

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
It says SI yes, but seems like a LOT of money for this, as said by others. I'm guessing different brake pads but not larger brakes.

I was hoping for lowering my car while maintaining ride. I already have wheels, already have side skirts so hopefully the suspension (if lowered) can be obtained separately.

We'll see in November I guess, not the best time to take car stuff apart when you live in MN but.... :)
It is a lot of money... then I remembered we also have to pay for installation

polished1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Country flag
I've always wanted those rims, and possibly the lip/skirts.

The suspension upgrade is confusing, just reading it it sounds exactly like the same setup as stock.

dawsonj87

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic EX Coupe, 2001 Honda CB250
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I remember watching an interview from the NYIAS where a Honda rep said it would include upgraded dampers and springs. I’m hoping lack of detail is just because it hasn’t been formally released

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
The only thing I'm interested in is upgraded brakes. I'm good with saving money by just getting springs and good old eBay, for aero stuff.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Enhanced comfort?

So, regular is softer and sport is tighter? Kinda odd.
In other words, the dampers that the Civic Si should have come with from the factory so that there may actually be a detectable difference in the ride between the NORMAL and SPORT modes. :)

After almost four months and 3,500 miles of driving in all sorts of conditions from Sunday drives to taking corners on two wheels, I still barely notice the difference between the two modes. If it weren't for the slightly firmer steering and red lighting in the instrument cluster, I probably couldn't tell which mode I was in with any degree of certainty. Is there a difference? Yes, but it's incredibly subtle in my opinion and really not worth the added expense. Honda could have installed cheaper, non-adjustable dampers with the firmness of the SPORT mode and it would have been just fine.

maaaaackle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Is this the same stuff that was supposed to be for the Hatch Sport as well?

Jake Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2017 CR-V AWD Touring
Country flag
In other words, the dampers that the Civic Si should have come with from the factory so that there may actually be a detectable difference in the ride between the NORMAL and SPORT modes. :)

After almost four months and 3,500 miles of driving in all sorts of conditions from Sunday drives to taking corners on two wheels, I still barely notice the difference between the two modes. If it weren't for the slightly firmer steering and red lighting in the instrument cluster, I probably couldn't tell which mode I was in with any degree of certainty. Is there a difference? Yes, but it's incredibly subtle in my opinion and really not worth the added expense. Honda could have installed cheaper, non-adjustable dampers with the firmness of the SPORT mode and it would have been just fine.
Agreed. :-/

grantsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Specs say 0 increase or decrease so appears this is damper only upgrade no springs. Anyone know who makes these dampers? Stock shocks on our cars are pretty decent for mild street driving. If these are decent dampers that kit is cheap.

Anyone know if aftermarket shock guys are developing adaptive shock for our cars? I'd like something a little more aggressive for Autocross .

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Specs say 0 increase or decrease so appears this is damper only upgrade no springs. Anyone know who makes these dampers? Stock shocks on our cars are pretty decent for mild street driving. If these are decent dampers that kit is cheap.

Anyone know if aftermarket shock guys are developing adaptive shock for our cars? I'd like something a little more aggressive for Autocross .
Even if the height has 0 increase or decrease, that doesn't mean that only the dampers are going to be an upgrade. There's more to springs than just the ride height.

I'm not sure if that is the case here but they can technically change the spring rates and it'll still be considered an upgrade without a height change.

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
Is there a chance that the suspension kit will lower the car and the 0 + 0- just means that it's not adjustable by pushing the sport button?
Sponsored