First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Okay, but we all know the answer to that. First, many folks don't like and don't post in forums. There are tens of thousands of Civic We are the minority. Second, people are far more driven to post and far more likely to post complaints when they have issues than success and good experience. That...that's just a quirk in humanity that no none has been able to explain.

On the topic of successes, any of the folks with this bad boy installed get to the dyno yet? Any word on performance, any boost loss, additional or less lag, etc.? I'm sure that I'm not alone in that I'd love to hear about your experience.
keep seeing this happen, so weird.

So this post is kinda old...so who knows how it went

also, this is the Type R area of the forum, I think it would be slightly different install and numbers wouldn't it?
Sponsored

18RRtypeR

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R #6850, 2015 Toyota TRD PRO 4Runner
Country flag
I had to trim off the air guides for the HKS intercooler...its not a big deal at all!!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Full race intercooler for civic type r fk8 20190730_102719

Heybolo

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hello,

After some time with this Intercooler I want to share some light on this topic since I bump into this thread.

The Intercooler piping has fitment issues but they really easy to get around. The problem is with the long pipe that goes to the charge pipe and Throttle Body, it sits to close to the Clutch Slave Cylinder making it rub and also preventing the actuator to move all the way up... after sometime that will make a whole in your piping.

I find out until it was too late and the actuator made a whole on the Intercooler piping.

The easy fix to this problem is adding about 1 Inch spacers to the bracket that holds the charge pipe into place and cutting 1 inch of the plate that holds the battery (just from the inner corner that goes by the firewall).

This will move the pipe enough not to be I. The path of the slaves cylinder actuator.

I also changed the Throttle Body Coupler for a longer one (just 1 inch.

I did some pics I have plenty tips for this IC installation (will attach pics later files were too large for the page)

If anyone still needs help with some questions about this let me know... it is a great IC the biggest in the market.

Heybolo

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hello,

After some time with this Intercooler I want to share some light on this topic since I bump into this thread.

The Intercooler piping has fitment issues but they really easy to get around. The problem is with the long pipe that goes to the charge pipe and Throttle Body, it sits to close to the Clutch Slave Cylinder making it rub and also preventing the actuator to move all the way up... after sometime that will make a whole in your piping.

I find out until it was too late and the actuator made a whole on the Intercooler piping.

The easy fix to this problem is adding about 1 Inch spacers to the bracket that holds the charge pipe into place and cutting 1 inch of the plate that holds the battery (just from the inner corner that goes by the firewall).

This will move the pipe enough not to be I. The path of the slaves cylinder actuator.

I also changed the Throttle Body Coupler for a longer one (just 1 inch.

I did some pics I have plenty tips for this IC installation (will attach pics later files were too large for the page)

If anyone still needs help with some questions about this let me know... it is a great IC the biggest in the market.

Here are the pics

Honda Civic 10th gen Full race intercooler for civic type r fk8 Screenshot_20220918_112531

Honda Civic 10th gen Full race intercooler for civic type r fk8 Screenshot_20220918_112501

Honda Civic 10th gen Full race intercooler for civic type r fk8 Screenshot_20220918-112449_Photo Editor

Honda Civic 10th gen Full race intercooler for civic type r fk8 Screenshot_20220918_112410

Honda Civic 10th gen Full race intercooler for civic type r fk8 Screenshot_20220918_112322

Heybolo

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
This is intercooler is really nice but good look with the piping. It won’t fit at all try everything and no way those pipes fit be contacting them on Monday to fix this problem

BD2BA049-071B-4C9B-B30F-5FBC85F3D241.jpeg
Hey I replied but did realize I didn't tag you, I know it might be a little late but maybe you are still interested on installing it.

xdecemberguy

First Name
Randrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Screw that!! Tell Full Race to engineer their products better for that price. Too many other companies around that can get it right. PRL, HKS, Perrin..ect.

Heybolo

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Screw that!! Tell Full Race to engineer their products better for that price. Too many other companies around that can get it right. PRL, HKS, Perrin..ect.
I get your point, however I got it long ago, so I didn't really have much choice after being installed for so long in the car.

I merely found a solution and shared in the thread for those that maybe have it and haven't realized the rubbing against the slave cylinder or for those who want to have it and are willing to make some slight easy mods.

I fixed the piping as well since Full Race only offers a kit and not the single pipe - to be fair i have purchased full race for other vehicles their products are pretty good, this has been 1 error pretty sure they will correct it in the future.
Sponsored