CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic type r and a 2013 chevy silverado hd
Country flag
The pipes won’t line up and the intercooler is to big you gonna have to trim some rubber thing that directs your airflow to the radiator and the beam have figment issues too my advice don’t get this go ahead and order the prl intercooler and the afe power pipes that’s what I did
The bigger the better in my eyes i am fine with triming some things i am just not going to buy the pipes if i have to fab them myself
Sponsored

FK8BOSSMAN

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R, 1993 H22 Del Sol
Country flag
Anyone else pre or injen? Waiting for mine. They came out with pipes too, another $300. Intercooler was only $500.

OP
OP
tunerguy13

tunerguy13

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic type r
The bigger the better in my eyes i am fine with triming some things i am just not going to buy the pipes if i have to fab them myself
Nah I got the prl intercooler and the afe power piping and return the full race that thing won’t fit and don’t trust injen

OP
OP
tunerguy13

tunerguy13

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic type r
I just picked up my full race intercooler ill let ya know how the install goes as i am a profesional machanic
That would be great man I want to know if my friend who’s the master technician at the honda dealer where I live and me did something wrong or the intercooler and piping don’t fit really appreciate if you tell me how your install went and post some pics please

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic type r and a 2013 chevy silverado hd
Country flag
That would be great man I want to know if my friend who’s the master technician at the honda dealer where I live and me did something wrong or the intercooler and piping don’t fit really appreciate if you tell me how your install went and post some pics please
Will do

MonkeyBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #680 CW, 2011 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Wow! You have to completely get rid of the OEM impact bar to install this? That's an extremely stupid idea. That tiny replacement bar is next to worthless. Guys please don't install this intercooler. That impact bar is very important for your safety and to save the front of the car if you happen to get in a front end collision. You don't need something this big anyway unless you are going for like 500+ hp.

OP
OP
tunerguy13

tunerguy13

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic type r
Wow! You have to completely get rid of the OEM impact bar to install this? That's an extremely stupid idea. That tiny replacement bar is next to worthless. Guys please don't install this intercooler. That impact bar is very important for your safety and to save the front of the car if you happen to get in a front end collision. You don't need something this big anyway unless you are going for like 500+ hp.
Like I said before this kit is not bolt on at all I already returned mine and got the prl
With afe piping

Samlietxh

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R #5483
Country flag
Not backing down. My order will stay in place. I intend to make it work.

Edit: Not to mention, I’m already talking plenty with Full Race on this and have a pretty good idea of what the install is going to be like. If @CivicR316 doesn’t post it up, I’ll do a step by step DIY for the install.

Last edited:

JLOracing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Time Attack, 2007 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda fit Sport World Challenge TCB, 2012 Honda Fit Sport daily, 1996 Honda Civic Coupe endurance road race, 1999 Honda Civic Hatchback rallycross, 1971 Datsun 510 Coupe project track car
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
interested to see how much boost is lost through a core this size, and real dyno numbers. the turbo is far to small to make use of a core of this size.

Samlietxh

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R #5483
Country flag
interested to see how much boost is lost through a core this size, and real dyno numbers. the turbo is far to small to make use of a core of this size.
Yeah I’ll lose a bit on the front. But I’ve got a lot more planned out so I’ll make it up on the back end.

JLOracing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R Time Attack, 2007 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda Fit Sport Time Attack, 2009 Honda fit Sport World Challenge TCB, 2012 Honda Fit Sport daily, 1996 Honda Civic Coupe endurance road race, 1999 Honda Civic Hatchback rallycross, 1971 Datsun 510 Coupe project track car
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I’ll lose a bit on the front. But I’ve got a lot more planned out so I’ll make it up on the back end.
Hopefully your plans include rods

lol_ur_si

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #3983 - 2017 Accord Sport
Country flag
Any updates on the fitment issue? Curious to see if it's something easy enough to fix or go w/ a different company.
Sponsored