Full of Anxiety

SH@UN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They should come out with a LX-L, that would be awesome. Exactly my car, but with leather interior. Be the perfect Coupe to me. I know, off subject, sorry.
Sponsored

Zange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 WoP Civic Touring
Country flag
No matter what you choose to get there is some forum of that car with issues. its hit or miss with all things in life not everything is made perfect you might luck out like many others that has had no issues so far and you might end up with an uneven trunk but regardless that is why you can check before leaving the lot with car in case there are any imperfections or if its something down the road warranty covers bumper to bumper and if its a situation that keeps occurring we have the lemon law which gets you back your money for having a vehicle that couldn't be repaired and is still new. You still get a loaner while in shop if anything. Im just saying get something you want and dont think of the negatives and just enjoy it for what it is, A product created by man that will get you from point A to point B in style.

myriad46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Had my EX for 5 months and 6000 miles. No problems. No panel misalignments, no mystery dents. No grinding. No AC problems. Just waxed it yesterday. Love love love my new car.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Civic EX
Thanks, everyone. We went and test drove (me and my two college aged kids who will use the care occasionally). Found a nice Touring in Cosmic Blue, got a fair price offered ($24.9). However, we ended up with the Mazda3. Overall, the Civic is awesome, and it wasn't even the reliability issues (A/C blew cold, etc). There was the sub rattle, absolutely. It was more that the Mazda felt more "refined" I guess, more "solid". I would have been happy with either car, and wouldn't have bought with trepidation.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have to agree about the hatch. Im not 20 years old anymore.
All the time I see 50+ old guys driving a car they had no business getting. Like a nice Jag or Cadillac or whatever, and the drive it like their 80 yrs old. WTF! Why did you buy a 500-600 hp. car??? Im 57, I would have no problem buying a Type R, if I could afford it.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Just go ahead and do it... Either you love the car immediately, or you don't and get something else. What I looked at was, it's a Honda. They stand behind their products better than anyone else.

The Mazda's are nice, too. The rust issues they had haven't worn off on me, and everyone has one here. Wife didn't like the Mazda 6 as much as the Civic, and resale value will be higher, if I ever sell it.

LimeyDi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.limeydi.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXL
Reading posts in the forum is helpful of course, but after reading 1,000 pros and cons the eyes glaze over. I love my 2016 Civic EX-L - this after driving a 2002 Civic for 14 years - and the only trouble I have had is with connectivity - which i have learned is not unusual in ANY brand. This is now working almost perfectly and the car is a joy to drive, feels safe and has lots of very pleasing features that weren't available in 2002. If you drive and like it, after all the research you have done, decide based on what you feel. Color hint: Burgundy Night Pearl can be fun with bar bets ("It's black." "No it isn't." "Oh yes it is," etc.). Advice too late for you, and i wish you joy with the M*zda but I'm a Honda girl dating back to 1973 ...

Knoxgirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX T
Congrats! The Mazda 3 will be a lot of fun for you. I considered it as well. It was a blast to drive.

Volsfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2002 Wrangler, 2000 F-250
I looked long and hard at the Mazda6 almost bought one but the Civic right now has the lane keep, and radar cruise which I wanted Mazda will have them in 2017 models. Had my civic now little over 2 weeks couple of trips Nashville-Knoxville (kids in school) and have 1,000+ miles on it. Enjoying it more everyday!!

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I looked long and hard at the Mazda6 almost bought one but the Civic right now has the lane keep, and radar cruise which I wanted Mazda will have them in 2017 models. Had my civic now little over 2 weeks couple of trips Nashville-Knoxville (kids in school) and have 1,000+ miles on it. Enjoying it more everyday!!
The Mazda6 Grand Touring with Tech package had that stuff. That's the one I was looking at.

Volsfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2002 Wrangler, 2000 F-250
The Mazda6 Grand Touring with Tech package had that stuff. That's the one I was looking at.
Nope 2016 Mazda 6 only has Radar Cruise no lane keep, I think there was a lane departure warning but unlike the Civic it would apply pressure to the steering. Lane keep will be coming out on the 2017's.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ahh. I stand corrected! Was still a nice car. Only reason I looked for the driver aids were to help it keep value if I ever decide to sell down the road...

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I'm purchasing a new vehicle this weekend. I totaled my 09 Civic which was running awesomely at 119K miles. I really want to like the new Civic and I do. I test drove the EX-L and it was great. But reading about:

The A/C issues
The grinding sound at startup
Mis-aligned panels

Makes me concerned. I need a trouble-free car as much as possible, as it's really tough with my ridiculous commute to deal with a car that has issues. I know ANY car can have issues, and I know this forum isn't a random sampling.

But it seems like the A/C issues are prevalent. It seems like the grinding sound will happen with everyone. With the panels, I can just inspect and not take a car with that issue.

My other alternative is the Mazda3 and it's a nice car, but...

Infotainment sucks compared to Civic
Civic has larger, quieter cabin (more road noise with Mazda)
The acceleration seems better on Honda
Leather vs leatherette seats
Rear seat room is more in Civic
Better stuff like better 3 mode backup camera, and I like the right hand camera
Brake hold is awesome especially with how much time I spend in stop and go

On the Mazda side, it seems more solidly built
No cheap body panels
No widespread problems or first year growing pains
Less common (we'll see a million Civics on the road!) ;-)
There are about 5,000 members on this forum - There are 30,000 Civics sold each month.
My guess - there are about 5 - 10 people having AC issues and about the same number having "grinding sound at start-up" (if that is truly an issue and not a characteristic of the Honda 1.5T).
So perhaps 20 members of 5,000 potential (I'm not a) civicx owners (0.4 %) of over 200,000 new Civics have these issues.
The car is not perfect but it's darned close.
I see you got the vehicle you wanted, now enjoy it.
Sponsored

Last edited: