Full Civic Type R specs (Euro model) revealed!

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
I am getting a real kick out of some of the posts here and on other social media platforms.

This "Honda Civic" kicks the crap out of some really awesome cars on the track and people try to criticize it.

It's safe to say the internet warriors have found their way to the CTR.

This car is hands down a complete home run car for Honda.
Totally agree.
Sponsored

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haters gonna hate. I kind of find it amusing when some people find one thing unappealing to them on the R & proclaim how glad they are that they bought X (non-R) version Civic or competitor.

I also think this CTR is going to clear the bases. I rolled the dice on it a long time ago just based on the assumption that it would be an FK2 on the 10th gen platform. Even better!

BTW, the initial reviews look really promising. Can't wait to drive this thing.

Last edited:

ASCIITable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 B6 Audi A4, 06 AP2 S2000
Does the FK2 use electromagnetic shocks like the FK8, or is it standard fluid filled shocks?
They all use standard fluid, these shocks use electromagnetic coil to adjust the size of the orifice, they still use regular oil instead of magnetic fluid which changes viscosity when you apply voltage to it.

one changes the size of the orifice the fluid flow through, the other one changes the fluid's viscosity with fix orifice size, results are similar.
magnetic shock does have faster response time and wider range of damping force, but cost more.

Vtak Groceries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Civic Si HFP, 2017 Golf R
Honestly I like the CTR. Honda did good on it. Yes it has negatives... (FWD) but at least its the fastest FWD ever. I might not like the SI much but the CTR is awesome and has the true potential we have been waiting for.
Sponsored