Chamvigil817

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si coupe
Country flag
I have noticed recently that my tank will only hold about 10.5 gallons in a 12 gallon tank. Not too sure what’s causing it. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
10.5 gallons is about what I put in mine, and as close to empty as I'm willing to go.
If you run a fuel injected car completely out of fuel it can ruin the fuel pump.

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
I think the most I’ve ever put in was a bit over 11 gallons, the miles left had gone close to zero. I’ll never be doing that again, it’s not good to go that low. Fill up at a quarter tank.

bscags

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine usually takes about 10 gallons I think. I fill up with about 60 miles range left

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I think the most I’ve ever put in was a bit over 11 gallons, the miles left had gone close to zero. I’ll never be doing that again, it’s not good to go that low. Fill up at a quarter tank.
Meh, it’s such a small tank that i doubt running it until the light comes on will really hurt the fuel pump. At that point there’s still like 2.5 gallons in it.

OP
OP

Chamvigil817

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si coupe
Country flag
10.5 gallons is about what I put in mine, and as close to empty as I'm willing to go.
If you run a fuel injected car completely out of fuel it can ruin the fuel pump.
The tank used to fill up past 11 -12 and ready 420 mi range on a full tank.

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
The tank used to fill up past 11 -12 and ready 420 mi range on a full tank.
What is your gas mileage? Has that changed recently? Occasionally I’ve had the gas pump auto shut off early, sometimes it happens after a car wash, I think because water goes down the drain hole below the fuel fill. It’s happened a couple other times randomly, but normally it’s obvious that it’s not full and I restart and it’s fine. Is your fuel level reading completely full?

OP
OP

Chamvigil817

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si coupe
Country flag
What is your gas mileage? Has that changed recently? Occasionally I’ve had the gas pump auto shut off early, sometimes it happens after a car wash, I think because water goes down the drain hole below the fuel fill. It’s happened a couple other times randomly, but normally it’s obvious that it’s not full and I restart and it’s fine. Is your fuel level reading completely full?
The gauge goes up to the full line but there are a few lines past the full marker. Gas mileage has dropped but only because I’ve changed how I shift gears. Change gears at 4k rpm instead of 3,500 rpm

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Change gears at 4k rpm instead of 3,500 rpm
Thats the biggest culprit right there. The higher the revs, the more fuel needed. I noticed an increase in milage when I started driving on the freeway at 70mph instead of 80mph.
Sponsored