1.5T Fuel trims with BMS intake.

262Fk7hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX CVT
Country flag
So ive got this intake from burger motorsports and have this feeling that the fuel trims are not correct. Claims to keep them close to stock. Would anyone be willing to look at my log? Did a 20min log of driving around, willing to pay to have someone check if the fuel trims are alright. Worried that its running lean and im terrible at graphing out the trims.https://datazap.me/u/trevor-patton/2018-civic-15-ex-daily-driving?log=0&data=18-19
Sponsored

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
So ive got this intake from burger motorsports and have this feeling that the fuel trims are not correct. Claims to keep them close to stock. Would anyone be willing to look at my log? Did a 20min log of driving around, willing to pay to have someone check if the fuel trims are alright. Worried that its running lean and im terrible at graphing out the trims.https://datazap.me/u/trevor-patton/2018-civic-15-ex-daily-driving?log=0&data=18-19
Did anyone ever get back to you on this? I am considering this intake for my 2020 si. Do you like it? Do you still have it?

Edward

OP
OP

262Fk7hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX CVT
Country flag
Did anyone ever get back to you on this? I am considering this intake for my 2020 si. Do you like it? Do you still have it?

Edward
No-ones gotten back to me, I still have it. Only problem i noticed off the bat is that the fit into the stock accordion tube was loose. I had to wrap the housing in electrical tape to get a snug fit. I would just go with the prl man. Not sure if its safe to run this intake or not. Not throwing any codes or anything and the driveability still feels good, just not sure if the trims are ok. She sounds great but im not sure on the quality of it. Corey from tsp told me he was unfamilar with the brand and advised going with prl or 27won.

Last edited:

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
OK, thanks

Edward

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you upload a data log, it'll be easier to see what's going on

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not sure what I'm looking at there. If that ltft? Stft? What is the other variable?

Also, are you using a tuner? Which one? What tune?

Edit: looked at it again on the laptop, my phone is not the right device for this tool

You are running a little lean. How long have you been installed? Is everything well seated? MAF clean? Reset ecu after install?

You never took it above 3k rpm. You should get a couple pulls logged in if you can. Highway on on ramps are great for this. Also try to hold 2500rpm and 3000 for a minute or so and see what your trims do

Do you have a log with stock box?

The sudden lean could just be the increase in air flow that your ecu isn't accustomed to. When it's learning you should expose it to many driving conditions. Idle, different cruise rpms, wot, et al

Last edited:

Pur3MotioN770

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
I'm guessing you ordered the Factory calibration? I had trim issues with mine also, wasn't able to verify whether or not they sent the wrong MAF though, as I don't have a set of calipers to measure. They also gave me the option of sending it back to verify, but I didn't feel like going through the trouble. I've gone back to stock since then, and my trims immediately went back to normal. I may end up keeping it, and getting it tuned, if it turns out to be wrong MAF.
Sponsored