Jsavard97

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
My 2017 Civic Si sat for 2 weeks while I was out of town. When I came back I started the car and it came up with something along the lines of Fuel Gauge System Error and the gas gauge did not have a reading at all. Car was running fine and I figured once the gas moved around in the tank, it would reset. I started driving the car and then I got another Warning that said something along the lines of EVAP System Failure or Error. Immediately after this warning the car shut off and would not start again. The car acts like it is out of gas. The car for sure has gas and i added more to make sure. Any idea on how to fix this or what the problem is?
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Other than a battery-disconnect reset of the entire system; I don't know of any DIY fix. I assume you have the capless system and not an actual cap. You could carefully inspect fuel nozzle filler thingy for cracks or anything preventing the 'flap' from closing.

Beyond that; I guess you could have a clog in the fuel line or a fuel pump failure (there's a recall, I believe). But, at that point, your money and time is probably better spent on a code reader rather than shot-in-the-dark troubleshooting.

OP
OP
Jsavard97

Jsavard97

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Other than a battery-disconnect reset of the entire system; I don't know of any DIY fix. I assume you have the capless system and not an actual cap. You could carefully inspect fuel nozzle filler thingy for cracks or anything preventing the 'flap' from closing.

Beyond that; I guess you could have a clog in the fuel line or a fuel pump failure (there's a recall, I believe). But, at that point, your money and time is probably better spent on a code reader rather than shot-in-the-dark troubleshooting.
Rodents ate through my fuel system wiring harness. The dealer said that this was the 5th time they have seen it this year. To fix it they have to take out the interior to replace the full harness. It will be payed for by my insurance.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fuel System Problem: Won't start. Screenshot_20200812-164555_Drive

Honda Civic 10th gen Fuel System Problem: Won't start. Resized_20200812_085624

mar6o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 5D Elegance Navi MT 1.0
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lucky you had insurance pay for it. I had rodents nibble on my Civic’s side marker cables... Must be something in the wires they like.