Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Evening friends.
I've Happen to stumble upon a site that has a Fuel return kit with a regulator made for the fk8 civic. Has anyone purchased/installed this?

https://www.ultimate-racing.com/pro...l-pump-kit-for-return-style-fuel-systems-only

I don't know yet if any parts or pieces are needed from this to complete the setup without using the 450 pump but they also sell this kit too...

https://www.ultimate-racing.com/pro...fuel-systems-only?_pos=2&_sid=f757b3b41&_ss=r

I don't know if this kit would require drilling a hole in the fuel pump housing top or what. that's why I am asking if someone has bought/installed this. I have emailed them and they will not answer my questions.

Anyway it got me thinking to that one post everyone enjoyed labeled "first boosted k20c2". This person has done what everyone said was impossible. I remember seeing the afr on the dyno chart and it was everywhere. I don't care what internals may or may not have been installed, I am assuming its a stock block. As most of you say the non turbo ecu cannot read/register/interpret boost. You are correct. Lets get that off the table. I bet if the owner of that civic had a fuel return kit with a fuel pressure regulator such as above would of solved the wild afr curves and have better output.

I don't want to see comments about selling for si or 1.5 turbo. that's done and over with, y'all made your arguments, I don't want to hear/see them here. Reliability? its a honda... Cost? I am a Honda tech I will buy another block off ebay for 500 bucks I could not care less. why? Don't worry about it, you should see my other plan for the c2... SOMEBODY's got to be the guinea pig of R&D to boost the C2 "correctly" and share the results/limits and/or success/failure for the 2.0 community to know if they can do the same for them. All without getting bashed by the 1.5 owners. All the 2.0 n/a ecu needs to do is control fuel delivery and ignition timing. The scg-1 boost controller with build in afr sensor will cut boost if overboost or lean conditions occur. fuel pressure regulator to keep fuel pressure up while boosting, and a ktuner to make proper fuel and timing adjustments while rescaling maf, map, and injectors. Maybe relocate IAT to IM. We know its been done... sorta. It is time to perfect it and for the 2.0 gang to rise and shut down the 1.5 world, after all... we are still the only ones with factory port injection.

So, if anyone has installed this kit on their fk8 please comment or message me, I have questions. Yes I'm aware that says for type r, but I am an engineer with cravings for trial and error, and custom if may be.

Thank you friends. Please stay safe out there.
Sponsored

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Ah it must be that time. Every so often someone comes along believing they have the chops to build n boost the 2.0. You might be better posting this in the FK8 forum, very few people if any have probably used that kit but you might get an answer there. If you do post it, I recommend condensing your questions down to just the specifics you want to know about the install. The k20c1 and c2 are about as similar as a cat is to a dog. Similar as in they have 4 legs and a tail, but pretty different enough that I don't know how much it will help you to know about the install in an FK8.