RyeCvcX

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
So I already got my e85 flex fuel from PRL couple of days ago. I went to three different local shops around me. They keep on asking me the same question "Where is the new fuel pump?"

Do I have to change the pump?

They told me AEM e85 fuel pump is good

Any answer/suggestions are appreciated.
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
No new fuel pump is needed. You only need a new pump and injectors if your running straight E85 at all times (like for autocross). Your just running a blend so it’s fine without a new pump or injectors

OP
OP
RyeCvcX

RyeCvcX

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
No new fuel pump is needed. You only need a new pump and injectors if your running straight E85 at all times (like for autocross). Your just running a blend so it’s fine without a new pump or injectors

Thats what I thought!! Thank you for clearing this up! Stay safe bro!

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes. Cause I'm also planning to install some other parts.. might as well include the e85 kit.
If the shops keep giving your trouble it’s honestly an easy install, the trickiest part is connecting the connector down from under the car and even then it’s not bad

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
If the shops keep giving your trouble it’s honestly an easy install, the trickiest part is connecting the connector down from under the car and even then it’s not bad
I didn't even do that. I removed my passenger fog light cover and just stuck my hand in lol. Granted, I do have small hands but it is do able so you won't have to remove the whole under cover.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I didn't even do that. I removed my passenger fog light cover and just stuck my hand in lol. Granted, I do have small hands but it is do able so you won't have to remove the whole under cover.
Hmm, smart.. didn’t even think of that honestly lol, but knowing my hands it would have been difficult for me especially with the PRL hot side IC tubing ?

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
Hmm, smart.. didn’t even think of that honestly lol, but knowing my hands it would have been difficult for me especially with the PRL hot side IC tubing ?
ooo yea lol. I had the car sitting for a while for that reason lol. the hardest part tbh was trying to figure out which way the plug goes without really seeing lol... I remember when I did mine, like a retard I forgot to plug up the fuel like to the car so when i started it I dumped fuel everywhere behind my motor haha.
Sponsored