Fuel Pump/ Tank Repair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic, 2018 Elantra Sport
Country flag
Wasn't sure where to post this, and nor does this apply to my 10th Gen, but rather my 9th; but has anyone had this sort of repair in the past for any of their cars? Is this something that can be covered through insurance? And anyone have a price range of this sort of repair?
Sponsored

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
What's the issue - faulty pump, leaking tank, accident, clogged filter? The 3/36 (or longer purchased) warranty should cover the first 2, the last two you're on your own.

OP
OP
AK_FORTY_KEVIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What's the issue - faulty pump, leaking tank, accident, clogged filter? The 3/36 (or longer purchased) warranty should cover the first 2, the last two you're on your own.
I am honestly not completely sure yet. When I was leaving work last night, noticed it was leaking gas. I was in no accident, and I don't see how a faulty pump would cause the car to leak underneath. Warranty is long gone here though. Just waiting to see what they find out.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I am honestly not completely sure yet. When I was leaving work last night, noticed it was leaking gas. I was in no accident, and I don't see how a faulty pump would cause the car to leak underneath. Warranty is long gone here though. Just waiting to see what they find out.
Read theme of your post - Thread name is "fuel-pump-tank-repair"!
This update makes it sound like you've taken it somewhere to be diagnosed/repaired.
I'm sure the diagnosis will/did go something like this:

Underneath where - front (cause hose/clamp) - rear (anything from puncture to rotted fuel line to overfilled tank)?
Is it only when running or always, drip or puddle?

OP
OP
AK_FORTY_KEVIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The dealer checked it out and says it'll be $2000+ repair. Geico will be checking it out tomorrow. Since its a 13 Lx, at this point it may be totaled.

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
After a quick search, I can get 10+ complete fuel tanks for $75-$110 within 75 miles of me. www.car-part.com

Worst case scenario, it could take 6hrs labor to replace (if you have to drop the subframe) so thats 6x $100 + parts ...would probably come out to $750 worst case Id think.
Sponsored