smokeelaa

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Nissan 370z
Country flag
Took my Civic in yesterday to get the fuel pump recall repair. It took a couple of hours and then I was back on the road. Car seemed to be burning through fuel faster then before but I didn't think anything of it.

I stopped at gas station to fill up and as soon as the pump clicked to indicate the tank was full, gas started pouring out from under the car. I called road side assistance to tow the car to the dealership, but unfortunately they are closed today so I can't even get a status or a loaner car until Monday since the service area is closed today.

Has anyone else had this occur, and if so how long did it take for them to repair the car and get it back to you?
Sponsored

CVTsport18

Honda First Timer
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Veloster N DCT
Country flag
Took my Civic in yesterday to get the fuel pump recall repair. It took a couple of hours and then I was back on the road. Car seemed to be burning through fuel faster then before but I didn't think anything of it.

I stopped at gas station to fill up and as soon as the pump clicked to indicate the tank was full, gas started pouring out from under the car. I called road side assistance to tow the car to the dealership, but unfortunately they are closed today so I can't even get a status or a loaner car until Monday since the service area is closed today.

Has anyone else had this occur, and if so how long did it take for them to repair the car and get it back to you?
This happened to me. After the initial repair I noticed that my fuel was disappearing at an alarming rate and my garage smelled like gas. I took it back in and they reassembled it, couldn't figure out why it was doing it, and refilled the tank for me. Left it at the dealer overnight and it was back to normal. Guess they overlooked something during the initial repair and got it right on reassembly. Took 2 days in total.

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
This happened to me. After the initial repair I noticed that my fuel was disappearing at an alarming rate and my garage smelled like gas. I took it back in and they reassembled it, couldn't figure out why it was doing it, and refilled the tank for me. Left it at the dealer overnight and it was back to normal. Guess they overlooked something during the initial repair and got it right on reassembly. Took 2 days in total.
Oh no... This is dangerous. And strange.
I have an appointment on 29th. I really really hope this won‘t happen to my car.
I doubt that the dealer (where I will take the car) has EVER replaced a fuel pump in a 10th gen before.

OP
OP
smokeelaa

smokeelaa

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Nissan 370z
Country flag
I am now on day three without my car. Apparently they had to order another new fuel pump. Interestingly, it went from service rep saying "I don't see anything wrong" and "I think you overfilled the tank" to needing another new fuel pump to replace the new fuel pump.

Best part is that I had zero issues with the car until this recall repair.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
My brother has an Insight with the same recall. Those forums have stories where the techs failed to drain the fuel line before replacement and spilled gas in the floorboard. They are not happy either.

I guess we're all so used to/spoiled by the old Honda reliability that it's kind of an odd repair.

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My brother has an Insight with the same recall. Those forums have stories where the techs failed to drain the fuel line before replacement and spilled gas in the floorboard. They are not happy either.

I guess we're all so used to/spoiled by the old Honda reliability that it's kind of an odd repair.
This FPump recall is just one thing. I'm more concerned about the A/C issues. That will cost us a lot of money.

OP
OP
smokeelaa

smokeelaa

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Nissan 370z
Country flag
Finally got it back today. No leaks evident so far after sitting for about 4 hours.

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A/C issues?
Yes. The condenser, evaporator, compressor. Those will almost certainly fail (at least the condenser, but probably all of them) in cars made between 2016 and 2018/19. The condenser has extended warranty in Canada and US IF it is not damaged. Other parts dont have extended warranty and in the EU none of the components have, so we are even more f**d.

OP
OP
smokeelaa

smokeelaa

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Nissan 370z
Country flag
A day later and so far no further issues. It looks like the other dealership actually knew what they were doing.

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A day later and so far no further issues. It looks like the other dealership actually knew what they were doing.
They just replaced replaced the fuel pump in mine.
I hope they did it the way it must be done because it took them 1h 20m only and mine was the first 1.5 Civic they had to replace the pump in. But the car doesn't smell like gasoline and the rear seats are in place. So far so good. Their next car for today will be a CR-V, also fuel pump replacement.
Sponsored