CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo Sport Plus
Country flag
I just received the letter from Honda EU. I don‘t know how many people got it already in the EU but I think they will send out a lot more.
2018 Civic 1.5 Sport Plus btw.
Sponsored

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just received the letter from Honda EU. I don‘t know how many people got it already in the EU but I think they will send out a lot more.
2018 Civic 1.5 Sport Plus btw.
I haven't received anything yet .( In Belgium)

OP
OP
CastorX

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok, I just checked it online too. That sounds strange. „Fuel pump swelling“
Honda Civic 10th gen Fuel pump recall in EU, non Type-R C1A6EE7E-16C0-4809-B22D-985918755641

Lifesabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback 1.5 T
Country flag
Mines booked in for next Friday when I asked about the time it takes they said they need it all day as Honda have under estimated the time it takes to do the job.

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just checked my 2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T (FC1) and there isn't a recall out for mine .Maybe this only affects the Hatch sport 1.5T (fk7) ?
Which would be weird cause the fuel pumps are the same afaik 16790-59B-003

Last edited:

Lifesabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback 1.5 T
Country flag
Depends when it was manufactured it effects vehicles built between June 18 and June 19 so I have been led to believe

OP
OP
CastorX

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Depends when it was manufactured it effects vehicles built between June 18 and June 19 so I have been led to believe
I'm absolutely sure that at the end there will be more cars affected than Honda and Denso now admit. This is how it works in this industry. Everyone like to be very optimistic because nooene want to tell the bad news. They will recall more car then they now think (or tell).

OP
OP
CastorX

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mines booked in for next Friday when I asked about the time it takes they said they need it all day as Honda have under estimated the time it takes to do the job.
They told me 2-2.5 hours. But I will wait as much as needed. Some peole reported fuel leakage after the replacement. I hope they will do a better job here.

David228cx

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red Honda Civic Sport (EU)
Country flag
You gotta check on the Honda website and insert your chassis number.

Some Type Rs are affected as well

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did do that on the Honda website with my chassis number .Didn't gave any results...
But i think my car was build before June 2018.

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My car is in the recall list as well. The Greek Honda importer has not enough spare parts yet so no letter has come but I called and confirmed that I am included in the recall. They told me that as soon as they have the parts, they will start sending the letters, probably by December.

The technician said it is more of a precautionary measure because if the fuel pump would have an issue, it would appear early after buying the car. Also, I do not stress the pump(leave the tank without much fuel)

Mario_dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic sedan 1.5 turbo 6 speed manual
Country flag
Hello just to share my experience, i have a 2020/04 civic 1.5 turbo sedan, bought in Germany.
The car started having issues 2 months ago, with symptoms of fuel shortage. after a short journey (30/45 min) i would stop at gas station or other short stoppage, the car then would start for 3 or 4 secs then stalled. After an hour or so trying to start, and when service was about to come car would start (after cool down)
At first since it was an intermitant problem, and the guys at honda dealer didnt know about the low pressure fuel pump issues, they said they couldnt find or diagnose the problem. It was only when i insisted several times, and showed them the recall (even if my car VIn wasnt eligible) and told them that it had all the reported issues at honda recall paper, was when they contacted the factory.
After 2 weeks at the dealer they come to the conclusion, it was the low pressure fuel pump... really??... sigh
My car is from 2020, im certain all cars civics, hrvs, crvs etc... made at least until the fault was discovered ( i believe it was November 2020) will have this issue, be it USA, Asia, India, Europe, because all used the Denso fuel pump.
The only reason they didnt issue all the recalls is because kf parts avaiability. Period.

Mario_dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic sedan 1.5 turbo 6 speed manual
Country flag
For your information, and a more technical aproach the "cool down" that i mentioned, was really the fuel and fuel pump dropping in temperature to somewhat normal, that would cause the impeller on the fuel pump that had swelled before, would return to proper form.
The issue only happened when i stoped the car because when the car was running the swelling wasnt suffice to stop the momentum the pump had. When i stoped, and then restarted due to the swelling the pump couldnt gain that momentum to work. The car starting and then stalling right away was because it consumed thr fuel still in the fuel line.

OP
OP
CastorX

CastorX

First Name
Balázs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For your information, and a more technical aproach the "cool down" that i mentioned, was really the fuel and fuel pump dropping in temperature to somewhat normal, that would cause the impeller on the fuel pump that had swelled before, would return to proper form.
The issue only happened when i stoped the car because when the car was running the swelling wasnt suffice to stop the momentum the pump had. When i stoped, and then restarted due to the swelling the pump couldnt gain that momentum to work. The car starting and then stalling right away was because it consumed thr fuel still in the fuel line.
Thanks for the info. Like you can read above, i assumed, more cars are are affected than what honda and denso admitted. Looks like it’s true. Sadly. Mine was replaced, the guy did it in 48 minutes(!). Perfectly btw. I almost didn’t belive it. Turned out he had a LOT of experience with it by then.
Sponsored