Fuel Pump broke today

barbapapa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R Championship White
Country flag
I have a December 2019 built civic type R that falls outside the recall for the Fuel pump and mine broke today. Thankfully under warranty but strange they didn’t cover all 2019 modes with the recall. Had the usual rev match broken light along with emission system and warning. Of course a CEL as well. Tried to start it about 15 times without any luck then came back with some gas an hour later and it started. Wasn’t the lack of gas as I spilled it all over my shoes and barely got any in tank. Just a heads up that those of you with a late ‘19 model the fuel pump still sucks
Sponsored

BuenoFk8

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have a December 2019 built civic type R that falls outside the recall for the Fuel pump and mine broke today. Thankfully under warranty but strange they didn’t cover all 2019 modes with the recall. Had the usual rev match broken light along with emission system and warning. Of course a CEL as well. Tried to start it about 15 times without any luck then came back with some gas an hour later and it started. Wasn’t the lack of gas as I spilled it all over my shoes and barely got any in tank. Just a heads up that those of you with a late ‘19 model the fuel pump still sucks
Legit got stuck out at Zion National park last weekend and got the same codes, today I had the dealer inspect the car and now I’m getting a new fuel pump under warranty, I got my 19’ type R in January this year, the dealer told me the fuel pumps affected a lot of hatchbacks