Breeze

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic touring
Country flag
Received a notice from Honda on my 2019 Civic Touring that the powertrain control module (PCM) may have a software issue that misinterprets sensor inputs as a Fuel Level Sensor issue and turns on the malfunction lamp. As a result vehicle may be equipped with an improperly functioning on-board emission-related diagnostic system.
Honda strongly recommends having car inspected and repaired as soon as possible.
Has anybody received this notice and had the work done?
Sponsored

Jimmyson27

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sedan 2019 Sprot
Country flag
Yes I got the mail also for my 2019 civic sedan sport. I just brought it to the dealership this morning. As of now waiting for the car to finish.

Jimmyson27

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes I got the mail also for my 2019 civic sedan sport. I just brought it to the dealership this morning. As of now waiting for the car to finish.
I’ll keep you on the updates

JCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
iirc, this update is to fix the emissions system problem error when your gas is below a certain threshold, only on the 2019 models.

My friend has a 2019 EX and got the update done, took them 45 minutes.

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, Type R 2021
Country flag
Yeah you can find this recall using honda's website as well. My 2019 sedan sport's engine light is on with the emission system problem msg about 2 days ago. got an appointment next thursday.

FrostyTree

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan MT
Country flag
I got my notice yesterday for my 2019 sport sedan. I have ktuner, so i may wait a week or two in order to verify i can easily reflash my ecu after they flash this update on the dealer. All I care is to not get my car flagged for lack of proper maintenance if i don't take it in.

SnarkyA

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I got a notice from Honda about my Civic a week ago. The check engine light hasn’t come on yet but the Honda dealership where I purchased my car was able to get my car in this evening. They’re updating the software on all recalled cars as a precaution. It’s a 2 1/2 hour fix to update the software.

Jimmyson27

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got my notice yesterday for my 2019 sport sedan. I have ktuner, so i may wait a week or two in order to verify i can easily reflash my ecu after they flash this update on the dealer. All I care is to not get my car flagged for lack of proper maintenance if i don't take it in.
how the ktuner on your civic sport sedan? is it pushing the limits? do you recommend it?

OP
OP
Breeze

Breeze

First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic touring
Country flag
I got the update done and it only took 45 minutes.

FrostyTree

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan MT
Country flag
how the ktuner on your civic sport sedan? is it pushing the limits? do you recommend it?
I wouldn't say its pushing the limits. What it feels like is how the car should have been tuned from Honda. I highly recommend it and setting the throttle response to level 2. The car no longer feels like its losing power at the top end and you actually feel and hear the vtec kick in which is nice. I feel like this engine can be further tuned and would be awesome if it had a tad bit more throttle response. I totally recommend the purchase. I have a better review of it on another thread. Look for the one that is titled something like 2.0l big gains for the 2nd time.

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
Any effects on performance or mpg?

flashcash

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX-L
Country flag
Any effects on performance or mpg?
Around 3 weeks ago I had it done as well. In answer to your question, no, it has no effect on performance or mpg. It’s more of a preventative measure.
Sponsored