capsule3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
That seems pretty low. I split my 38 mile commute almost in half with backroads and highway, and still get 33. And I drive aggressively on the highway.
Sponsored

JasonHaskell

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring
I've driven about 40 miles past when the miles remaining said ZERO and the fill up was still only 11.6 gallons. I would bet you could drive almost 60 to 80 miles further on full empty. If I fill up right when the computer tells me zero miles remaining it's usually about 10.5 gallons. I'm usually in the 34 to 47 miles per gallon range in mixed driving.

dthatcher7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/Sensing
I get 29-31 mpg combined on my 2.0L EX. And that's with me intentionally not pushing the car hard or driving aggressively. My city mpg is 20-25, while my highway mpg is as advertised (40ish).
I've resigned myself to not getting super great gas mileage from this car. I mean my old 2003 Corolla got 28/29 mpg combined, 13 years didn't change much in the way of efficiency I guess.
On the other hand I've now accepted that any car I get is not going to average over the advertised city mpg.

mathdydx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
I get 29-31 mpg combined on my 2.0L EX. And that's with me intentionally not pushing the car hard or driving aggressively. My city mpg is 20-25, while my highway mpg is as advertised (40ish).
I've resigned myself to not getting super great gas mileage from this car. I mean my old 2003 Corolla got 28/29 mpg combined, 13 years didn't change much in the way of efficiency I guess.
On the other hand I've now accepted that any car I get is not going to average over the advertised city mpg.
That's just really interesting. I know on mostly highway trips I've gotten 50 mpg. I get crappy mileage in stop and go traffic (especially when I drop my son off at school each morning and have to wait in the car line), but do much better on the highway. If you plan on doing any highway trips soon, I would reset Trip A or B and see what your mpg is for that trip. I would think you could get at least 45 mpg.

Fanoflive

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe EXT 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m usually around 10 as well for fill up. I was only at 10.8 cause I waited until I had no miles left until empty. I guess it’s nice to know that you could drive at least another 30+ miles on E.
I have run mine down past the zero miles. Actually I have run it so low that the fuel gauge needle actually disappears into the dash. The most I have ever filled up is 11.892 Gallons, and I achieved 433 miles on that tank before filling up. My understanding is that the low fuel light comes on when there are 1.8 gallons remaining. I was averaging 36 miles to the gallon and at 1.8 gallons I had 64 miles until empty. I was making sure I understood how far I can really push it. I have pictures of it on this post here.

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I have run mine down past the zero miles. Actually I have run it so low that the fuel gauge needle actually disappears into the dash. The most I have ever filled up is 11.892 Gallons, and I achieved 433 miles on that tank before filling up. My understanding is that the low fuel light comes on when there are 1.8 gallons remaining. I was averaging 36 miles to the gallon and at 1.8 gallons I had 64 miles until empty. I was making sure I understood how far I can really push it. I have pictures of it on this post here.
How far have you gone after the car says 0 miles to empty?

OP
OP

capsule3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Good to know that we have those extra couple of miles. I guess Honda wanted to make sure were not scraping the bottom of the gas tank every time before we fill up.

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Good to know, so probably at least 0.5 gallons left when it says 0 miles to empty.

dthatcher7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/Sensing
I just fill up when the range indicator drops below 100 miles. But I suppose it's good to know if you get yourself into an empty situation for whatever reason...