ThatSIboy

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
Hey guys so I’m changing my fuel injectors tomorrow on my own and I was wondering after installing them do you have Calibrate the new injectors or can you just drive the car like that ? After the install the injectors I’m getting are oem nothing aftermarket
Sponsored

Last edited:

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
honda recommends replacing the joint pipe (between hpfp and fuel rail). we have to when doing injectors under warranty. some peope have not changed it and have been fine. take battery and tray out. unbolt tb (dont touch coolant lines), remove bracket over hpfp, remove intake manifold. theres a bolt holding the joint pipe on driver side of head, must be removed, use magnetic socket on a joint/swivel. remove joint pipe (19mm nuts). getting pipe off injectors and injectors out of hole can be troublesome. you can use pry bar carefully on rail. use a pair of channel locks to grip the ends of injectors and wiggle left right up down on it while exerting outward pressure. putting them in you gotta wiggle them in again until fully seated, you can tell by more resistance rocking back and forth of injector. recalibration is not needed.

Gnvanny

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-l
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
honda recommends replacing the joint pipe (between hpfp and fuel rail). we have to when doing injectors under warranty. some peope have not changed it and have been fine. take battery and tray out. unbolt tb (dont touch coolant lines), remove bracket over hpfp, remove intake manifold. theres a bolt holding the joint pipe on driver side of head, must be removed, use magnetic socket on a joint/swivel. remove joint pipe (19mm nuts). getting pipe off injectors and injectors out of hole can be troublesome. you can use pry bar carefully on rail. use a pair of channel locks to grip the ends of injectors and wiggle left right up down on it while exerting outward pressure. putting them in you gotta wiggle them in again until fully seated, you can tell by more resistance rocking back and forth of injector. recalibration is not needed.
Do you know if you can put SI injectors in a non-SI?

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m not sure at the moment. But I can check on Monday when I go back into work

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hondapartsnow shows two different part numbers.
Not sure if there is any true difference.

Gnvanny

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-l
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
injector kit si/non-si are different part numbers, however, all seals on the injectors are the same part numbers. i would believe they would "fit" in the injector port and the fuel rail, but may have to get custom dyno tune considering the different characteristics of the injectors.

Gnvanny

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-l
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
injector kit si/non-si are different part numbers, however, all seals on the injectors are the same part numbers. i would believe they would "fit" in the injector port and the fuel rail, but may have to get custom dyno tune considering the different characteristics of the injectors.
Thanks romeo

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I reused my joint pipe. I know others have as well with no issues. I asked a million people what they did cause the manual said to change it.

Also I put a little Vaseline on the seals when I restabbed them so they went in smooth and safe.
Sponsored