Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Snap ring clips?
If so good thing i hit harbor freight lol
Not snap rings, more of a type of retaining clip. I believe it helps keep the injectors pressed into the head.
They look like this
Honda Civic 10th gen Fuel injector replacement at 86k miles *updated/fixed* 20211016_115814

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did not replace fuel pipe joint. I put a light amount of Vaseline on seals when I stabbed injectors in.
It’s not a hard job.
when your done turn on car without starting so fuel pump kicks in. Then smell and look for fuel leaks before starting.

aznguy1992

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2018 Sedan
Country flag
Is there a guide how to remove the intake manifold? My SI misfired about twice since I owned it. I am very sure it is the fuel injectors. It hasn't done it since then but I would like to replace them soon.

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
You guys NEED to replace the fuel pipe. It is a ONE TIME USE only fuel pipe that is crush to fit using the special lube included with the new pipe and is torque to iirc 36Nm. The system operates at near 3000psi at WOT. You are really rolling the dice here with a fuel-leak related fire. You CANNOT clean the injectors. Honda specifically says to handle the injector tips with extreme care. The little white plastic seals near the tips, those are one time use only as well and require a special tool to install correctly. All the injectors are a balanced and matched set of 4, you cannot mix and match them AT ALL with another car's set or use a loose injector from another set as well. I've had a few independent shops try to repair misfires using random parts they found used online. Lots of sketchy stuff and misinformation in this thread.

Yes. You can do this job yourself if you are mechanically inclined. Do it the right way, torque the NEW fuel pipe nuts down properly with a torque wrench and crow's foot adapter. Use new engine oil to lubricate the white plastic seals and rubber o-rings on the injectors during the installation. It's not your old 90's civic anymore, these new cars require a bit more work.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
You guys NEED to replace the fuel pipe. It is a ONE TIME USE only fuel pipe that is crush to fit using the special lube included with the new pipe and is torque to iirc 36Nm. The system operates at near 3000psi at WOT. You are really rolling the dice here with a fuel-leak related fire. You CANNOT clean the injectors. Honda specifically says to handle the injector tips with extreme care. The little white plastic seals near the tips, those are one time use only as well and require a special tool to install correctly. All the injectors are a balanced and matched set of 4, you cannot mix and match them AT ALL with another car's set or use a loose injector from another set as well. I've had a few independent shops try to repair misfires using random parts they found used online. Lots of sketchy stuff and misinformation in this thread.

Yes. You can do this job yourself if you are mechanically inclined. Do it the right way, torque the NEW fuel pipe nuts down properly with a torque wrench and crow's foot adapter. Use new engine oil to lubricate the white plastic seals and rubber o-rings on the injectors during the installation. It's not your old 90's civic anymore, these new cars require a bit more work.
I reused the old fuel pipe and i have no issues. Its not that dramtic re using it one time wont hurt i didnt even torque the bolts. I would not use oil for the o rings on the injectors soapy water is enough

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wouldn't use engine oil or Vaseline to lube the seals as they are petroleum based. That may start deteriorating them after time. I would use silicone or a Teflon based lube.

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I wouldn't use engine oil or Vaseline to lube the seals as they are petroleum based. That may start deteriorating them after time. I would use silicone or a Teflon based lube.
I am literally reading this from the factory service manual.

1.Install a new back-up ring (A) and a new O-ring (B) on the injector (C).
NOTE:
Honda Civic 10th gen Fuel injector replacement at 86k miles *updated/fixed* 20211016_115814
Set the direction of the back-up ring as shown
Check that the back-up ring sets correctly after installation.

2.Coat the O-ring with clean engine oil, then install the injector onto the fuel rail (D) with a new clip (E).
NOTE: When installing the injector, be sure to protect the injector from dust or debris.

NOTE: Failure to install a new fuel joint pipe will cause fuel leaks.

aznguy1992

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

is this the fuel joint pipe set or the actual fuel pipe rail? What is the part number?

Last edited:

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
is this the fuel joint pipe set or the actual fuel pipe rail? What is the part number?
fuel pipe joint set iirc, it is not the rail with the pressure sensor on it.

aznguy1992

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
fuel pipe joint set iirc, it is not the rail with the pressure sensor on it.
Sounds good I took a guess and got the right one. Here is the part number for the joint pipe.

16012-5PA-315

Irish-R

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CIvic Type R
Country flag
Sounds good I took a guess and got the right one. Here is the part number for the joint pipe.

16012-5PA-315
You guys really help a lot with explaining what is needed and I really appreciate it.

So my wife's 2018 SI has been throwing code P219D and the dealership told me that I was going to have the injectors replaced. I remember them mentioning that the injectors came in a set and that you needed the additional one time use part (I'm assuming the joint set with the crush connections as you mentioned). is that all I need to order in the way of parts? I've had some really bad luck with this dealership and would rather use my performance shop to do the install. I've found a supplier who seems to have really good pricing on the parts I just want to verify what all I will need. So is this correct?

I will need:

Injector Set, Fuel - Honda (16010-5PA-305) and
Pipe Set Fuel Joint - Honda (16012-5PA-315).

Are there any other parts that I will need?

aznguy1992

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You guys really help a lot with explaining what is needed and I really appreciate it.

So my wife's 2018 SI has been throwing code P219D and the dealership told me that I was going to have the injectors replaced. I remember them mentioning that the injectors came in a set and that you needed the additional one time use part (I'm assuming the joint set with the crush connections as you mentioned). is that all I need to order in the way of parts? I've had some really bad luck with this dealership and would rather use my performance shop to do the install. I've found a supplier who seems to have really good pricing on the parts I just want to verify what all I will need. So is this correct?

I will need:

Injector Set, Fuel - Honda (16010-5PA-305) and
Pipe Set Fuel Joint - Honda (16012-5PA-315).

Are there any other parts that I will need?
That’s all you need when it comes to replacing it. People say you don’t need the joint pipe piece. The honda guide I was following highly recommended swapping the joint pipe to avoid leaks. It’s honestly pretty simple. The hardest part is just removing the intake manifold cover. After that everything is accessible and just requires removal of 10 mm.

Gnvanny

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-l
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can you install si injectors in a non-SI?
Sponsored