Fuel injector replacement at 86k miles *updated/fixed*

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I followed the above recommendations ordering the injector set and fuel joint. The 1300 estimate from dealers does not include replacing the fuel joint. I believe they charge an extra $400-500 for parts and labor. Additionally, due to increasing failures, the injector set is on backorder at most online shops.

EDIT: The injector has been discontinued and superseded by 06160-5PA-305. You only need this specific injector for the Si, CRV, and Accord's 1.5T.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jpena87

Jpena87

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si coupe
Country flag
Just an update for anyone replacing their injectors or curious about the part revision. I'm currently going to hit 173k miles and the injectors are still working. Ltfts slowly are increasing to the negative meaning wear and tear, but not like the original set. I got the revised version that I was told by Honda were made to last longer. I'm pretty confident I'll make it to 200k on the injectors.

Exdosus

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
You guys NEED to replace the fuel pipe. It is a ONE TIME USE only fuel pipe that is crush to fit using the special lube included with the new pipe and is torque to iirc 36Nm. The system operates at near 3000psi at WOT. You are really rolling the dice here with a fuel-leak related fire. You CANNOT clean the injectors. Honda specifically says to handle the injector tips with extreme care. The little white plastic seals near the tips, those are one time use only as well and require a special tool to install correctly. All the injectors are a balanced and matched set of 4, you cannot mix and match them AT ALL with another car's set or use a loose injector from another set as well. I've had a few independent shops try to repair misfires using random parts they found used online. Lots of sketchy stuff and misinformation in this thread.

Yes. You can do this job yourself if you are mechanically inclined. Do it the right way, torque the NEW fuel pipe nuts down properly with a torque wrench and crow's foot adapter. Use new engine oil to lubricate the white plastic seals and rubber o-rings on the injectors during the installation. It's not your old 90's civic anymore, these new cars require a bit more work.
hey! Can you elaborate on how the mounting bracket for the fuel joint pipe is removed without taking the high pressure fuel pump off? This is the last step I’m stuck on. So many vac lines and hoses are in the way, I can’t seem to get a wrench or socket onto that bolt for the bracket.
Thanks!!!
Sponsored