Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Isn't that thing at high pressure though? I don't think I'd mind a little fuel as long as it doesn't come shooting out at like 1000 psi ?
Lol it won't. It's just a little bit of fuel.

BlownSI

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2014 Yamaha R6
Country flag
I removed that relay, car still runs.... nevermind it finally stalled. Sweet.

BlownSI

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
5 hours, but I was paranoid of fucking up. Prob could do it in 2. Runs like a champ.

On another note just did my own oil and the dealer used a cheap ebay oil filter. It's the dealer, why not use oem at least? Bastards.

BlownSI

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh another point, the fuel rail and the fuel pipe are rigidly connected and should not be disconnected without risking breaking it.I instead removed the high pressure fuel pump from its mount.

So the fuel pump, fuel pipe, and fuel rail are all connected, allowing you to move the whole assembly to get access to the fuel injectors.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Procedure to relieve fuel pressure

Fuel Pressure.JPG

Fuel Pressure-1.JPG

Fuel Pump Relay.JPG
Is this necessary for the injector maintenance being talked about? Just wondering what portion of the fuel system that relay is responsible for. For instance, to relieve the pressure when installing a flex fuel kit, you just start the car and then pull the FI Fuse. Stalls in a second or so.

To the original thread topic of additives...
I used Star Tron Enzyme additive with every fill up. Every few I use the Star Tron Ring Cleaner.

BlownSI

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is this necessary for the injector maintenance being talked about? Just wondering what portion of the fuel system that relay is responsible for. For instance, to relieve the pressure when installing a flex fuel kit, you just start the car and then pull the FI Fuse. Stalls in a second or so.

To the original thread topic of additives...
I used Star Tron Enzyme additive with every fill up. Every few I use the Star Tron Ring Cleaner.
I just did as it said. Was easy enough to do and car is still running strong. Though, I now have a scraping noise coming from my wheels. Maybe brakes or CV joint.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just did as it said. Was easy enough to do and car is still running strong. Though, I now have a scraping noise coming from my wheels. Maybe brakes or CV joint.
IIRC you can check CV by doing tight reverse turns in an empty lot. May just be boot.

Chilidog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic SI coupe
Country flag
Yup...top tier fuels have additives in them to keep the system clean. Nothing extra is needed. This is coming from an engineer in the fuel business. It’s not me, but a guy on the Corvette Forums.
I run seafoam through my 06 cobalt every 40 or 50k. I have 213k on it running a steady diet of cheap 87 octane Speedway gas.
[/QUOTE

ok guys — help. I’m running PRL flex fuel and have heard ethanol (E30) wil clog my enjectors — is this true? There’s nothing I can do?

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Just relax man if you need to switch ur injectors its easy dont worry lol

thericepatch

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX turbo
Country flag
This thread helped me out a good bit in my research and diagnostic on a customer's 2017 Civic 1.5 EX turbo so I figured I would add my experience and insight. 76k on the car. CAI, and Ktuner. It was suddenly loosing power and exhaust smelled horrendously rotten. He brought it to me because dealer turned him away at sight of the intake (SMH). After some testing and swapping tunes to be sure it wasn't tune related we pulled the plugs which were done and replaced those. Car ran better but still rough started and once warmed up, especially if I did a 20-60mph pull it would start misfiring and stalling. After reading this thread I decided to clean the injectors, so I pulled them and used a cleaning method similar to this video: . It took about 1.5-2 hours at most. I changed the oil due to fuel in the oil from the misfires and it runs great. Visually they didn't look clogged and even spray didn't seem to change much so I wasn't very confident it would resolve the issue, but I can't argue with the results. So my recommendation would be to try cleaning them before you spend $350-500 on new injectors. They are easy to get in and out. DO NOT try to pull out the screen filter though like recommended in the video.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I really need to reread this thread. I would have never thought, with the insane pressure, that our injectors could foul.
Sponsored