Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
1. Remove all the connections on the manifold, as well as hoses, for the hoses pick the easiest side to Disconnect from.

2. Disconnect the 4 bolts on the throttle body. Disconnect the 3 bolts on top of the manifold, 2 on the bottom. Pull the manifold off.

3.Remove the gard on the end of the fuel rail, 2 bolts. Unclip the injector wires.

4. Disconnect fuel line to the rail, remove the rail bolts x2 for each injector. Pull the rail off, you do not need to Disconnect the rail pressure sensor on the end. You can then bring the rail up ontop of the motor to service the injectors.

5. Throw it all back together.
That sounds great man! I wish I had some visual aid to go along with it, and some torque specs haha. How much do those fuel injectors even cost?
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
That sounds great man! I wish I had some visual aid to go along with it, and some torque specs haha. How much do those fuel injectors even cost?
Yaaa I just tighten them to my hearts desire, based on how hard it was to take it off.
Honda Civic 10th gen Fuel Injector Cleaning Screenshot_20200625-141813_Chrome Beta
Honda Civic 10th gen Fuel Injector Cleaning L15B7+Fuel+Injectors+

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
There isn't a gasket I need to take off or anything?
Not really. The intake manifold gasket stays on the intake side when the manifold is removed, and is rubber.

You'll want to check that your new injector set comes with new seals, it should. You'll want new injector clips as well, but not nessisary.

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not really. The intake manifold gasket stays on the intake side when the manifold is removed, and is rubber.

You'll want to check that your new injector set comes with new seals, it should. You'll want new injector clips as well, but not nessisary.
Ah, but I'd assume the engine needs to be out of the car in order to do this, no? I doubt you'd get enough clearance if you just did this with hand tools in the engine bay?
Truthfully, I should watch a teardown of this engine someday.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Ah, but I'd assume the engine needs to be out of the car in order to do this, no? I doubt you'd get enough clearance if you just did this with hand tools in the engine bay?
Truthfully, I should watch a teardown of this engine someday.
Nope. I did it with hand tools. Plenty of room. And I don't have much in terms of good tools.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Man, I'd love a whole tutorial in a video someday...
Well I may end up helping a friend do there's. Ill take better notes if that happens. Try and do a tutorial video.

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well I may end up helping a friend do there's. Ill take better notes if that happens. Try and do a tutorial video.
Oh my gosh that would be freaking awesome. Hell yeah man go for it! It would help this whole forum for sure.

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you think the procedure would be the same for the 1.5L as well? I hope so!

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is not the same, for the 1.5 more work is involved.
Here is the procedure:
It doesn't seem so bad? I just don't know how to do step 1: Relieving The Fuel Pressure. Is it just turning off the car? Would I have to disconnect the fuel pump too?

Everything else doesn't seem too terribly difficult, but it does seem like if I were to attempt it, it would be my hardest job yet. Definitely a weekend project for me haha.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
It doesn't seem so bad? I just don't know how to do step 1: Relieving The Fuel Pressure. Is it just turning off the car? Would I have to disconnect the fuel pump too?

Everything else doesn't seem too terribly difficult, but it does seem like if I were to attempt it, it would be my hardest job yet. Definitely a weekend project for me haha.
Just undo and take a little fuel spray in the face haha.

Dario1101

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just undo and take a little fuel spray in the face haha.
Isn't that thing at high pressure though? I don't think I'd mind a little fuel as long as it doesn't come shooting out at like 1000 psi ?
Sponsored