jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Has anyone replaced the fuel filter? How dirty was it after x miles? How did you access it? It's about $150, gone are the days of $5 inline filters.:(
https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~0~17048-tba-a01.html?vin=&make=Honda&model=Civic&year=2018&submodel=&extra1=4 Door SI (HI-PERF TIRES)&extra2=KA 6MT&filter=()&location=pd:4024361,7
Why are you replacing It already? They’re usually under the passenger seat or in the trunk (the gas tank is what I’m talking about). They’re pretty easy to replace tbh. Few bolts on top, pull the pump unit assembly and replace the filter. Just prepare the nose for the strong fumes of gas, make sure to ground yourself before pulling the cover off, and have some towels ready to clean up spills

Refried_Loaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 civic '19 civic si
Country flag
Why are you replacing It already? They’re usually under the passenger seat or in the trunk (the gas tank is what I’m talking about). They’re pretty easy to replace tbh. Few bolts on top, pull the pump unit assembly and replace the filter. Just prepare the nose for the strong fumes of gas, make sure to ground yourself before pulling the cover off, and have some towels ready to clean up spills
Agreed but thats assuming there is an access panel, most cars require you to either drop the tank or (not advised) cut out your own access in the back, much like all the big power mazdaspeed guys have to do.

Has anyone replaced the fuel filter? How dirty was it after x miles? How did you access it? It's about $150, gone are the days of $5 inline filters.:(
https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~0~17048-tba-a01.html?vin=&make=Honda&model=Civic&year=2018&submodel=&extra1=4 Door SI (HI-PERF TIRES)&extra2=KA 6MT&filter=()&location=pd:4024361,7
Usually the intake filters on cars are roughly the life of the pump, meaning you dont replace them until the pump is bad and you do a whole unit. Even more so that although you can buy a filter separate its still integrated into the pump housing, like some lexus are and you use a specific glue to seal it back up. However if you still wish to do I'd replace them 80k miles or whenever the service interval would be for a timing job.

rileyj98

First Name
riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe
Country flag
Its non serviceable as its apart of the fuel pump itself and you need a special tool to remove the bracket that holds the pump housing in the tank it will last as long as the pump does though so I would not worry at all.
Sponsored