First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Only took 5 tanks of gas to finally get more than 30 mpg!
Tank 1: 22.95 mpg
Tank 2: 23.72 mpg
Tank 3: 24.49 mpg
Tank 4: 19.28 mpg WTF!
Tank 5: 25.73 mpg
Towards the end of tank 4 I decided to put in a drop in Aem Dry flow air filter. Could it really have made that big a difference?
Granted this last trip was 98% hwy miles I had the a/c going and in S mode the entire trip, cruise control at 70 mph most of the time, but I did have some fun with the paddle shifters hitting upwards of 90 mph at times.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fuel Economy - What're you getting? 20190813_224055
Sponsored

Lincet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic ex
Country flag
19 ex sedan.
I drive very short distances, maybe 1-1.5mile to drop off my son to school in traffic, then maybe another mile to work. Thats mostly my daily commute. Im getting about 14mpg city.
When i hit the highway i do get very close to 40mpg. But city is killing me. WHAT GIVES?
Ive only had her for about 2months, around 1500miles.
I try to drive conservative, and coast to red lights when i can and still...
Any ideas?

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
2019 Sport CVT. I have a CAI and I drive mostly in LA/Orange County traffic for 100 miles everyday. Miraculously, I still get close to 36 mpg. I straight piped my exhaust a couple months ago and that somehow improved my MPG quite a bit.

Brvndxn

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
I get about 23mpg , do a lot of street driving and turbo spooling

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
19 ex sedan.
I drive very short distances, maybe 1-1.5mile to drop off my son to school in traffic, then maybe another mile to work. Thats mostly my daily commute. Im getting about 14mpg city.
When i hit the highway i do get very close to 40mpg. But city is killing me. WHAT GIVES?
Any ideas?
My mileage isn't quite that low, but those little trips are a killer. Your not really going far enough for the car to get any better mileage. Just watch the average go down as your stopped at a red light, unfortunately, it SEEMS like it goes down faster than up, but it's all about averages. The more miles you go with decent numbers, the higher the average and just the opposite.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Use the engine to decel, avoid coasting out of gear. The habit will reduce fuel consumption and have you better prepared to accelerate at a moment's notice.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
19 ex sedan.
Any ideas?
You are surprised? I get 5 mpg on ta trip from Sam’s Club to Walmart over the parking lot and no amount of hypermiling will make it any better.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
WHAT GIVES?
Any ideas?
As frustrating as it is, that is spot on the money. Go read up on how they do the city/highway tests for the EPA estimated economy and you will see why. Those short distances are always going to cause high fuel usage. This is why a plug-in hybrid Civic (Clarity is what Honda is calling it but it is just a Civic) would be an absolute delight for people like you (And even me if I am honest with myself).. You plug in overnight and get enough range to cover all your daily commute at city speeds. Just skip using gas at all for the daily. The Clarity has 46 miles (76 KM) of range on the battery. I can go to work and back twice on that. Too bad the car would cost me almost twice what it costs to buy and finance my EX sedan...

Has anyone tried the Lucas oil complete engine treatment? It apparently helps mpg. I've never used this stuff before, so I can't confirm.
NONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2016 EXT Cvt. K tuned. 80,000 miles. My work commute is 26 miles one way half of it is 55mph, the other 35-45mph. I regularly get above 37mpg per tank.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
1.5T (non-Si) tuned with TSP Stage 1. Current tankful 35.5 mpg with lots of speedy driving and running into some traffic jams here and there. Pretty darn good all things considered.

With the tune, my mileage varies wildly. If I do highway and it's smooth sailing, I've gotten 45+ mpg. If I really push it hard, I barely see 20 mpg.

Last edited:

jorus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
1.5T (stock) in a 2019 EX - I seem to be getting 29.1 pretty consistently. I have a short commute however.

bnb0523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
2019 Civic Si TSP tuned a lot of city driving and short trips - 26.7 mpg.
Sponsored