bartek_l15b7

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
I know you said you checked your air intake filter, but did you try actually replacing it? It can be clogged without being visibly dirty.
I put the stock one back in.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
But your original post said everything was all stock since factory? So did you swap out your intake to an aftermarket one at some point?
Maybe he meant he had an aftermarket drop-in and switched back to the stock filter?

OP
OP
bartek_l15b7

bartek_l15b7

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
But your original post said everything was all stock since factory? So did you swap out your intake to an aftermarket one at some point?
Everything is stock I just put in a K&N drop-in filter that's in the stock intake. I took it out to see if it did anything and it's the same. I'm driving with the stock one now because I'm going to sell it soon.

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
Hello everyone!!

I have done the 300-350 mile journey and the gas mileage is the same, nothing changed, I've done the manual miles per gallon check, and it's pretty much identical to the readings. I've tried everything I can and at this point, I don't know what it might be, I'm probably going to sell the car since there's already oil leaking from the pan, tensioner and harmonic balancer are about to go, and I just don't feel like its a car for my driving distances. Thanks again to everyone who tried to help but I've tried everything that was mentioned.
how the hell do you know these are about to go??? what else is wrong with "fully stock" well maintained Civic?

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How, exactly, does a harmonic balancer "go"? Where will it "go"?
Will it "go poop in the neighbors yard"?
Will it "go on vacation"? :dunno:

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I know you said you checked your air intake filter, but did you try actually replacing it? It can be clogged without being visibly dirty.
There is no way fuel mileage will be cut in half from a dirty air filter. I can almost bet 100% it's a fuel calculation done incorrect before or currently. Modern cars don't lose 20mpg and not throw a check engine light.

As long as all wheels spin free, you're not hauling the 1000lb sisters, and you didn't put e85 in it by mistake, there is nothing wrong with the car. Just for the heck of it I'd take it to the dealer and ask for a fuel consumption test. It will pass, I just think a 3rd party needs to calculate it.

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
That can also be it but this is currently my third time filling up and it's the same. Plus my cats smell from the rich mixture. But no code which is strange.
So where are the details? What were the miles per gallon and smiles per gallon?

If the exhaust is smelling like fuel then my guess is that you need a set of new injectors and possibly a new hi pressure new fuel pump. Someone told me that the injectors are a common failure point on the random failing cars.

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
How, exactly, does a harmonic balancer "go"? Where will it "go"?
Will it "go poop in the neighbors yard"?
Will it "go on vacation"? :dunno:
You laugh but on my brothers eclipse the outer ring separated from the inner hub. As in the rubber part separated. I didnt konw about it until he gave it to my girlfriend and I had to change the crank position sensor on it. I asked him about it and he said he was wondering why he had to get a smaller belt as the stock sized one didnt fit. I was shocked that it didnt just constantly slip off.
Sponsored