Fuel door

breacivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ext
Country flag
This forum really helped me with surging issue so trying another one.
For my 2016 civic turbo sometimes the fuel door can't be opened easily. It the kind where you push and it is supposed to spring open. Sometimes it works fine but other times I have to fiddle with it for up to Five minutes. Bad when close to empty And folks are waiting on you at costco
Sponsored

OP
OP
breacivic

breacivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ext
Country flag
The vehicle must be unlocked for the fuel door to open. So for instance if you lock your car to go pre-pay for gas, when you come back you must first unlock the car, then the fuel door can be pressed to open it.
Oh my goodness I had no idea. This is the best web site ever!

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I kept getting aggravated with the guy pumping my gas because they could never open it... I would get out of the car and do it myself LOL the whole time I was really just unlocking the doors!!!
OMG that is hilarious! You could almost just keep pulling that one off as a joke.

unr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L15B7
Country flag
I kept getting aggravated with the guy pumping my gas because they could never open it... I would get out of the car and do it myself LOL the whole time I was really just unlocking the doors!!!
NJ is stupid for not allowing self serve

Just sayin'

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
NJ is stupid for not allowing self serve

Just sayin'
It is very ridiculous. If the state wants to go ahead and pay for my car, then they can have incompetent morons put gas in my car. As long as I'm paying for something and I own it, I should have the right to say who touches it.

unr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L15B7
Country flag
It is very ridiculous. If the state wants to go ahead and pay for my car, then they can have incompetent morons put gas in my car. As long as I'm paying for something and I own it, I should have the right to say who touches it.
Yes Sir

Also, it's frustrating to not be able to get gas at odd hours of the night unless you find a pump near a major road or the turnpike. Very inconvenient.

It's nice to sit in a warm car in the winter, though! :)

crossont

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX
they have been debating it for years but I would absolutely support any decision made that would allow us to pump our own gas... after living in philly for a while I got used to pumping my own gas. I used to have a VW that required premium and I can remember multiple times where they put regular in after requesting premium, quite annoying!

ZombieJerky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2016 Civic Couple EX-L
Country flag
Might be overlooked, so I'll just say it...

When you are closing it, if the car is locked it can be tougher to keep close. I'm not saying it can't be closed, but you have to push quite a bit harder. I usually touch the door handle to unlock my car so it is easier to close the cap again.

windknot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXL
I found out it is alot easier to open and close the fuel door by pressing the right side of the door on the mid-line where the lock and unlock mechanism is located.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Might be overlooked, so I'll just say it...

When you are closing it, if the car is locked it can be tougher to keep close. I'm not saying it can't be closed, but you have to push quite a bit harder. I usually touch the door handle to unlock my car so it is easier to close the cap again.
Isn't what you are doing basically wearing down on that locking mechanism? Thus, if you keep on doing that for many times, you will wear it down to the point that it will no longer lock period?

ZombieJerky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Isn't what you are doing basically wearing down on that locking mechanism? Thus, if you keep on doing that for many times, you will wear it down to the point that it will no longer lock period?
Not so much because of the way the lock mechanism is designed. It is tapered with an edge that clicks into place after it gets so far, so it is somewhat designed to do that. The problem is you have to press pretty hard if it is locked vs not being locked.

quixote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Not so much because of the way the lock mechanism is designed. It is tapered with an edge that clicks into place after it gets so far, so it is somewhat designed to do that. The problem is you have to press pretty hard if it is locked vs not being locked.
You're supposed to unlock the lock to close it. Your lock automatically locked after some time while you're pumping. You should NEVER have to force it shut. Unlock the car and shut the gas door and it'll close just fine.

ZombieJerky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You're supposed to unlock the lock to close it. Your lock automatically locked after some time while you're pumping. You should NEVER have to force it shut. Unlock the car and shut the gas door and it'll close just fine.
That being the case, yeah, it took me a couple of fills to figure that out. It never was a force though, just a harder than normal push.
Sponsored