Mrscoobaru

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si
Country flag
OK. I'm gonna layout the math for you. You have a 12 gal tank, and she put in 10 gal of E85. We'll assume it is actually 85% although it's surely less.

10 gal of E85 + 2 gal of 93 oct (initial fillup) = 12 gal of E73

You said you drained 5 gal of this mixture from your tank. So you have 7 gal of E73.

If you add 5 gal of 93 on top of this, you'd be left with 12 gal of E47.

If you drain another 2 gal of your E73 first, and add 7 gal of 93, you'd be left with 12 gal of E36.

Take 2 gal out of the tank, and fill up with 93 octane. You're done.

Note: this again makes the assumptions that you are using 85% ethanol and your 93 fuel has 10% ethanol. If your 93 oct is ethanol free, and your E85 is actually more like E70, then you'd be fine with just topping off your existing fill with 93 octane. If you want to be 100% sure you're safe, then drain another 2 gal from your tank before the top up.
2. Or 3.
Sponsored

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
OK. I'm gonna layout the math for you. You have a 12 gal tank, and she put in 10 gal of E85. We'll assume it is actually 85% although it's surely less.

You said you drained 5 gal of this mixture from your tank. So you have 7 gal of E73.

If you drain another 2 gal of your E73 first, and add 7 gal of 93, you'd be left with 12 gal of E36.

Note: this again makes the assumptions that you are using 85% ethanol and your 93 fuel has 10% ethanol. If your 93 oct is ethanol free, and your E85 is actually more like E70, then you'd be fine with just topping off your existing fill with 93 octane. If you want to be 100% sure you're safe, then drain another 2 gal from your tank before the top up.
I missed the part about the 2 gallons that was already in the car. :doh:

OP
OP

Mrscoobaru

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si
Country flag

I appreciate all your help. I’m gonna try an drain as much as I can before my battery dies an just going to fill up after I install the tune an flex fuel better safe then sorry. I really didn’t wanna waste all this fuel but better safe then sorry

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I suppose another option could be to remove the fuel line at the firewall and use the lpfp to evacuate some more of the e85 out of the system that way. Since you'll be taking all of that stuff apart to install the FF kit anyways...

OP
OP

Mrscoobaru

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si
Country flag
E
I suppose another option could be to remove the fuel line at the firewall and use the lpfp to evacuate some more of the e85 out of the system that way. Since you'll be taking all of that stuff apart to install the FF kit anyways...
xa where what I been using to drain the fuel out of was about to head out to buy another 5gallon jug upon leaving my house I got shitted on by a bird ugh here I am
In the shower but Ima go ahead an just try my best to drain the whole system

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
E

xa where what I been using to drain the fuel out of was about to head out to buy another 5gallon jug upon leaving my house I got shitted on by a bird ugh here I am
In the shower but Ima go ahead an just try my best to drain the whole system
DAMN ... what a Fucked up day..

vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Country flag
i'd just top it off with 93 and run it down to half tank and then recalculate/add 93. dont go full throttle and you should be ok as long as you have the flexfuel kit and the tune to accompany it.

nice power upgrade with the ff kit and tune. youll like it.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
not only blending the fuel correctly is a concern , ride MUST be tuned for e30 or e35 mix to be able to get the gains.
adding a splash of 1 gal to a tank that's almost full should keep the knock levels in place.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
not only blending the fuel correctly is a concern , ride MUST be tuned for e30 or e35 mix to be able to get the gains.
adding a splash of 1 gal to a tank that's almost full should keep the knock levels in place.
1. This is an Si, none of that artificial knock shit.
2. He has a tune for flex fuel, and is awaiting the hardware. He'll be fine.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
1. This is an Si, none of that artificial knock shit.
2. He has a tune for flex fuel, and is awaiting the hardware. He'll be fine.
without artificial knock does NOT mean it will not knock & now there's an update to eliminate that.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
without artificial knock does NOT mean it will not knock & now there's an update to eliminate that.
He has 93 available to him. Unless he's running some wildly lean tune, he doesn't need a "splash" to keep "knock levels in place"

And that update didn't blanket cover ALL non-Si ECU's.

OP
OP

Mrscoobaru

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si
Country flag
prl fex fuel in drained everything out topped it off with 4 gallons of e85 an the rest 93 knock at 48 to 49 e% 39 40 stage 2 tsp everything operating beautifully

OP
OP

Mrscoobaru

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si
Country flag
He has 93 available to him. Unless he's running some wildly lean tune, he doesn't need a "splash" to keep "knock levels in place"

And that update didn't blanket cover ALL non-Si ECU's.
shes running fkn mint bro :) an the power gains so retarded just to much power for my blood will be going back to my tsp 1+ tune lol just to conserve the clutch
Sponsored