• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Sold: South Carolina [FS] Mishimoto catch can for 1.5T

Biff_Inglewood_420_69

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mazda Miata, 2016 Volkswagen Golf Sportwagen
Country flag
Hey there, I have a Mishimoto catch can for 1.5T cars that I bought on 5/17/2020 from MAPerformance. I am selling because I am super OCD about noises. This being mounted to the firewall brought a slight buzz into the cabin from the PCV valve opening and closing that would normally be muted by the sound insulation of the engine bay. It works perfectly and removed some stuff I'd rather not run through my engine, but my OCD got the better of me. My loss is your gain. I paid around $200 with tax and shipping, asking $140 obo. I'll cover paypal fees if you cover shipping, or vice versa. Would love to do local pickup but more than happy to ship it out. Let me know if you have any questions!

Honda Civic 10th gen [FS] Mishimoto catch can for 1.5T 20210309_122838

Honda Civic 10th gen [FS] Mishimoto catch can for 1.5T 20210309_122847

Last edited:

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I’ve been wondering what that buzzing was when I get on throttle a little bit. You think getting a new pcv valve would do anything?

I worry that your problem with noises from this car doesn’t end here. This car makes a ton of strange noises. Rattles will surface with time as well. Try not to kill yourself trying to solve every single one.

OP
OP
Biff_Inglewood_420_69

Biff_Inglewood_420_69

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mazda Miata, 2016 Volkswagen Golf Sportwagen
Country flag
I’ve been wondering what that buzzing was when I get on throttle a little bit. You think getting a new pcv valve would do anything?

I worry that your problem with noises from this car doesn’t end here. This car makes a ton of strange noises. Rattles will surface with time as well. Try not to kill yourself trying to solve every single one.
If you look at the graphs in the article below, you can see that the PCV system regulates the pressure continuously. Normally that sound would be just on the engine and subject to sound insulation, but once you route that system through a catch can that's been mounted directly to the firewall, my theory is that the firewall turns into a drumhead of sorts and pumps the noise directly into the cabin. I was drowning it out with music, and it's pretty quiet so it doesn't take much, but yeah. I think unless you get a catch can isolated with the rest of the engine, you're going to send that NVH straight into the cabin.

https://www.maperformance.com/blogs/tech/honda-l15b7-1-5t-pcv-system-testing-and-observations

simon_lefisch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Wow, glad I saw this thread. I have a catch can installed and also have the buzz noise when hitting the throttle. I had no idea that this was causing it.

Would maybe using some kind of padding/cushioning where it mounts to the firewall help to reduce the noise? I love having the catch can but would be nice to minimize the buzz.

CeeK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SGP Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Wow, glad I saw this thread. I have a catch can installed and also have the buzz noise when hitting the throttle. I had no idea that this was causing it.

Would maybe using some kind of padding/cushioning where it mounts to the firewall help to reduce the noise? I love having the catch can but would be nice to minimize the buzz.
I thought I was the only one too. Installed the catch can a couple of months ago, and while I'm not hearing anything on throttle, Idleing/reverse causes a knock sound exactly where the catch can sits. It's gotten quieter now that it's gotten warmer though.

Just glad it's not just me haha.

And yeah, thought about tracing an outline of the bracket with gasket material or something.
Sponsored