• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

FS: 2019 Civic Type R Crystal Black 100 miles

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Beautiful car!

Given the scarcity of these cars, I'm surprised they aren't being sold here quickly.

That being said, my experience is that car forums are usually THE WORST place to sell vehicles. EVERYONE thinks they are an expert, and EVERYONE says you're overpriced.

Auto Trader, Car Gurus, local advertising are your best bets.
Well that and most people on the forum all ready have the car that's why they on the forum.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RazorBc

RazorBc

First Name
Razor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2017 Z06, 1980 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
Well that and most people on the forum all ready have the car that's why they on the forum.
When I am interested in a car the first thing I do is go to the forum and check the word from the users. I've sold many cars from the forums.

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
OP
OP
RazorBc

RazorBc

First Name
Razor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
How much paperwork? I looked into this years ago and it didn't seem as easy at the time.

https://nepis.epa.gov/Exe/ZyPdf.cgi?Dockey=P10081IS.pdf

https://www.honda.ca/owners/faqs/vehicle-movement
There are 2 ways to do it: Hire a broker, I sold my ZR1 to a gentleman in Sacramento last year and he chose this route. Cost him $325 to have the paperwork completed. Or bring the car across your self and fill the forms out yourself. If you have all the correct stickers on the car that were on it during manufacture it is simple.

OP
OP
RazorBc

RazorBc

First Name
Razor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've never sold a Honda into American however the 2 GM's cars I did sell transfer the warranty.

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
Canadian sold Hondas will not have a valid warranty if purchased by a US buyer.

If you were selling this car at the CAD equivalent price instead of trying to make more, ($41,500 CAD = $31,223 USD currently), you might get a taker.

But here's what a US buyer will end up paying if they were to buy this car at the current USD asking price:

Purchase price (inclusive of shipping): $36,000
2.5% import duty: $900
Broker Fee: ~$350
Transaction Cost: $180-$1000 (depends on the method of payment used)

Total: $37,430 to $38,250

Not to mention that you or the buyer will still have to contact Honda for a letter of conformity (and modify the car if they require it), and the buyer has no warranty coverage.

You can easily find a car already in the US for cheaper than that, and it will have a warranty.

OP
OP
RazorBc

RazorBc

First Name
Razor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Canadian sold Hondas will not have a valid warranty if purchased by a US buyer.

If you were selling this car at the CAD equivalent price instead of trying to make more, ($41,500 CAD = $31,223 USD currently), you might get a taker.

But here's what a US buyer will end up paying if they were to buy this car at the current USD asking price:

Purchase price (inclusive of shipping): $36,000
2.5% import duty: $900
Broker Fee: ~$350
Transaction Cost: $180-$1000 (depends on the method of payment used)

Total: $37,430 to $38,250

Not to mention that you or the buyer will still have to contact Honda for a letter of conformity (and modify the car if they require it), and the buyer has no warranty coverage.

You can easily find a car already in the US for cheaper than that, and it will have a warranty.

Let me guess, you are reading from the internet and have never made a cross border transaction!

$31223 does not equal $41500 when you convert to Canadian, you must not know how currency conversion works!

I am including shipping and brokerage in my offer, which on average is $2500

Many people buy a car just for track use and a warranty is not needed. This price is a starting point and i am sure you cannot find many cheaper with 100 miles on it! Anyone that pays $180 to $1000 transaction costs is silly!

I work in the USA and have a residence, I've sold many times and have always had happy transactions by every buyer.

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
Let me guess, you are reading from the internet and have never made a cross border transaction!
Actually, I've done about a half dozen car purchases in Canada as a US citizen! :)

I've bought and imported cars from Ontario, Quebec, Saskatchewan, and even Alberta, each time handling the entire transaction and driving them back myself. You can get great deals because the CAD is so weak (right around 0.75 USD per CAD). It was even better back in early 2016, when the CAD was around 0.67. I bought a fantastic 997 Carrera S in the middle of winter for only $32k US, and was able to flip it for a $12k profit just 4 months later!

$31223 does not equal $41500 when you convert to Canadian, you must not know how currency conversion works!
Without transaction fees / currency spread, 41,500 CAD is exactly (or rather was when I posted) $31,223 USD. Exchange rate has moved a bit, but still close to that, as you can see below (as of this post, $41,500 CAD is $31,237 USD):

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=41500+CAD+to+USD

You must not know how currency conversion works!

I am including shipping and brokerage in my offer, which on average is $2500
This was not clear in your original post. In that case, remove the $350 broker fee estimate I included in my post.

Many people buy a car just for track use and a warranty is not needed.
This was also not made clear in any of your posts. Buyers should know this important fact before buying. There are maybe some buyers who don't care about a warranty, but it is certainly important information.

This price is a starting point and i am sure you cannot find many cheaper with 100 miles on it!
I paid $36,620 for mine brand new and did not have to deal with a cross border transaction, used car, and no warranty. There are many cars at the old $36,620 MSRP in the US.

Anyone that pays $180 to $1000 transaction costs is silly!
Have you actually done a truly cross border transaction? In order to pay a Canadian seller in CAD, you have to convert your currency before wiring it to them. If you use a Forex-based money transfer service when paying a Canadian seller, you'll find that the good ones will only charge a 0.5% spread on the purchase price. If you use a bank, however, they usually charge a 3% spread.

That equates to $180 (from a Forex-based money conversion/transfer service) versus up to $1,000 if you simply walked into a US bank and asked them to send money in CAD.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RazorBc

RazorBc

First Name
Razor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Actually, I've done about a half dozen car purchases in Canada as a US citizen! :)

I've bought and imported cars from Ontario, Quebec, Saskatchewan, and even Alberta, each time handling the entire transaction and driving them back myself. You can get great deals because the CAD is so weak (right around 0.75 USD per CAD). It was even better back in early 2016, when the CAD was around 0.67. I bought a fantastic 997 Carrera S in the middle of winter for only $32k US, and was able to flip it for a $12k profit just 4 months later!

Without transaction fees / currency spread, 41,500 CAD is exactly (or rather was when I posted) $31,223 USD. Exchange rate has moved a bit, but still close to that, as you can see below (as of this post, $41,500 CAD is $31,237 USD):

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=41500+CAD+to+USD

You must not know how currency conversion works!

This was not clear in your original post. In that case, remove the $350 broker fee estimate I included in my post.

This was also not made clear in any of your posts. Buyers should know this important fact before buying. There are maybe some buyers who don't care about a warranty, but it is certainly important information.

I paid $36,620 for mine brand new and did not have to deal with a cross border transaction, used car, and no warranty. There are many cars at the old $36,620 MSRP in the US.

Have you actually done a truly cross border transaction? In order to pay a Canadian seller in CAD, you have to convert your currency before wiring it to them. If you use a Forex-based money transfer service when paying a Canadian seller, you'll find that the good ones will only charge a 0.5% spread on the purchase price. If you use a bank, however, they usually charge a 3% spread.

That equates to $180 (from a Forex-based money conversion/transfer service) versus up to $1,000 if you simply walked into a US bank and asked them to send money in CAD.

I do not think you could find a car with 89 miles on it, window tint, full ppf, interior protection, G_Technic, Limited Edition Watch for 35k I might be wrong but I would be willing to bet on that!

If I sell it to the USA it would be USA funds no conversion necessary.

I have sold and bought probably 12-15 cars in the USA

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
I do not think you could find a car with 89 miles on it, window tint, full ppf, interior protection, G_Technic, Limited Edition Watch for 35k I might be wrong but I would be willing to bet on that!

If I sell it to the USA it would be USA funds no conversion necessary.

I have sold and bought probably 12-15 cars in the USA
Good to clear up re: USD or CAD funds.

Your car isn't $35k though? $36k is your listed price + ~$900 in import duty. That's $36,900 and the car has no warranty.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
The bottom line after all this bickering is. You only want 730 dollars less than anyone here in the US can walk into a dealer and get one for. Matter of fact many many people can now find these for under MSRP so you are not saving anyone anything. IM not being rude or ugly just factual. For 730 dollars I will just go buy one in the us and have no issues with doing paperwork or transferring warranties or even not getting a warranty. IM sure after fees and what nots someone would actually pay more to import your car then just buying one here. They really are not hard to find within 50 miles of anyone house. I appreciate your efforts but I feel this is a no go, no ones gonna buy it and go through all that and end up paying more to get no warranty here in the states then just buying one here.
Sponsored