• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

FS: 2018 CW Type R - 1,800 Miles, PA

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Just out of sheer curiosity, did someone actually ask for a seller financing?
WOW, I'd tell them sure they just have to pay $100 over what I owe monthly. Once its paid off I'll mail them the title. Dumb answer for a dumb questions : P

CWNole95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW FL5 #775, '23 SGP FL5 #10771, 2005 NFR S2K
Country flag
From one fellow CW R owner to another, best of luck with the sale. Gorgeous car and outstanding price.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
1800 miles and its a "unbelieveable" car. Riiiiighttt ... 1800 miles...

35k???

SoCal dealerships have them for 34k brand new..

Broin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW Type R, '19 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
1800 miles and its a "unbelieveable" car. Riiiiighttt ... 1800 miles...

35k???

SoCal dealerships have them for 34k brand new..
Tell me which dealerships have a brand new Type R for 34k and I'll jump on it. MSRP is $36.5k for a new 2019. There is zero chance a SoCal dealership is selling BELOW msrp, let alone 2.5k below. But hey, prove me wrong.

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
Tell me which dealerships have a brand new Type R for 34k and I'll jump on it. MSRP is $36.5k for a new 2019. There is zero chance a SoCal dealership is selling BELOW msrp, let alone 2.5k below. But hey, prove me wrong.

This is a 2018 Type R. Lol not 2019. But yes Spreen Honda sold me a 2018 Civic Si for 22k. Under msrp.... they offered me the Type R on the show room for 35k... this was july of last year. This guy is pitching a USED 18 R for MSRP.... LOL

kpun

First Name
Kelv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
This is a 2018 Type R. Lol not 2019. But yes Spreen Honda sold me a 2018 Civic Si for 22k. Under msrp.... they offered me the Type R on the show room for 35k... this was july of last year. This guy is pitching a USED 18 R for MSRP.... LOL
I highly doubt they offered you a brand new Type R for 35k LAST YEAR in SOCAL out of all places. They sold you a SI for under MSRP because that's what they are going for. This guy is selling his Type R for 34,900 because that is approx. what they are going for.:doh:

Broin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW Type R, '19 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
You stated "SoCal dealerships have them for 34k brand new.." so you were referring to a 2019. Congrats, you got an Si for below MSRP. That's not a Type R. MSRP of a 2018 was $35.6. Highly doubt you were offered a 2018 for below MSRP. The west coast still had (and currently do) dealer mark ups everywhere.

To stay on topic, GLWS OP, it would sell quickly if you were over here on the west coast!

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag
You stated "SoCal dealerships have them for 34k brand new.." so you were referring to a 2019. Congrats, you got an Si for below MSRP. That's not a Type R. MSRP of a 2018 was $35.6. Highly doubt you were offered a 2018 for below MSRP. The west coast still had (and currently do) dealer mark ups everywhere.

To stay on topic, GLWS OP, it would sell quickly if you were over here on the west coast!

Spreen Honda wants 36k for a 2019
Norm Reeves wants 37k for 2019

Just checked. I dont understand whats hard to get that they sell Type Rs at 35k. I have no point to prove. Im not the one selling a USED 18 for the price of NEW 2019 lol. But yes, stay on OPs FS topic. Theres a sucker born everyday...

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag

P.s. just to split more hairs, like last year when end of summer is near, ill send you the 35k link i was offered.

8409_CW

First Name
Kabir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 1992 Civic HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Spreen Honda wants 36k for a 2019
Norm Reeves wants 37k for 2019

Just checked. I dont understand whats hard to get that they sell Type Rs at 35k. I have no point to prove. Im not the one selling a USED 18 for the price of NEW 2019 lol. But yes, stay on OPs FS topic. Theres a sucker born everyday...
$36k plus sales taxes and dealer/doc fees. Which would make it more than $36k for a total. You literally just bought a car from a dealership... How can you not know this?

I think the guys asking price is just fine and totally in line with the market. Check autotrader for used ones.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...ode1=HONDA&modelCode1=CIVIC&clickType=listing

$39,500 for a used 2017.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
Ugh. I hope that the OP puts you on his watch list so that whenever you post anything in the classifieds, he can chime in and claim that it's overpriced, whether it is or not. What gives?

This is a free country. No one has to buy from him, and he doesn't have to sell to anyone in particular. If the price is not fair, don't buy it - that's the best way to force the seller to lower the asking price. Furthermore, don't fancy yourself to be the savior of oblivious buyers.

You can't say he is trying to rip anyone off when I have seen multiple listings of 2017s and 2018s (here and on online used car platforms) asking more than the original MSRP in the last couple of months. Now, have any of them been actually sold for the initial asking price? Who knows. That's irrelevant. The point is that the price being asked by the OP is in the ballpark and thus it cannot fairly be characterized as trying to rip off someone. BTW, go check on KBB, Edmonds, Black Book, etc. - pretty sure that the OP's car would be $35K-ish in listed private sale value.

Sorry but I get perturbed whenever I see someone post in the classifieds that a seller's asking price is not a good price. Don't respond, don't post, we are all adults here. In 2019, doing research on FMV of a car is so friggin' simple.

/rant

Last edited:

CWNole95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW FL5 #775, '23 SGP FL5 #10771, 2005 NFR S2K
Country flag
Ugh. I hope that the OP puts you on his watch list so that whenever you post anything in the classifieds, he can chime in and claim that it's overpriced, whether it is or not. What gives?

This is a free country. No one has to buy from him, and he doesn't have to sell to anyone in particular. If the price is not fair, don't buy it - that's the best way to lower the asking price. Furthermore, don't fancy yourself to be the savior of oblivious buyers.

You can't say he is trying to rip anyone off when I have seen multiple listings of 2017s and 2018s (here and on online used car platforms) asking more than the original MSRP in the last couple of months. Now, have any of them been actually sold for the initial asking price? Who knows. That's irrelevant. The point is that the price being asked by the OP is in the ballpark and thus it cannot fairly be characterized as trying to rip off someone.

Sorry but I get perturbed whenever I see someone post in the classifieds that a seller's asking price is not a good price. Don't respond, don't post, we are all adults here. In 2019, doing research on FMV of a car is so friggin' simple.

/rant
I couldn't agree more. It's ridiculous.
Sponsored