• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

FS: 2017 CTR - Rallye Red

leehom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, back at it again
Country flag
I feel selfish spending the money on "me" monthly vs on my family. It's what I've always wanted but I could spend the next four years spending money on it vs my family.
True. Although I could afford a Porsche/M series, I'd be happy with a CTR and use the difference on family.

Honestly, $35k for a vehicle isn't too much from the norm these days. I believe the average sales price is around $30k.

Unless the payments are a burden, why not keep the vehicle and stop spending money on mods?

OP
OP
Trey

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
True. Although I could afford a Porsche/M series, I'd be happy with a CTR and use the difference on family.

Honestly, $35k for a vehicle isn't too much from the norm these days. I believe the average sales price is around $30k.

Unless the payments are a burden, why not keep the vehicle and stop spending money on mods?
No major mods.

dusty kemp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red Civic Type R
Country flag
I feel selfish spending the money on "me" monthly vs on my family. It's what I've always wanted but I could spend the next four years spending money on it vs my family.
But you have the OG poster...so you're forced to never sell. Simple rules man.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
Wow. If that's the current private party FMV, maybe you would get $33K from a dealer, though I would love to see an enthusiast buy it.

If anyone plans to use CTR as a daily (as opposed to a garaged weekend car), 18,000 miles over 12 months is not bad at all. . . . the excess 6,000 miles wouldn't make much of a difference a few years down the road.

OP
OP
Trey

Trey

R-00621
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #00621
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow. If that's the current private party FMV, maybe you would get $33K from a dealer, though I would love to see an enthusiast buy it.

If anyone plans to use CTR as a daily (as opposed to a garaged weekend car), 18,000 miles over 12 months is not bad at all. . . . the excess 6,000 miles wouldn't make much of a difference a few years down the road.
17-20k is average yearly mileage in Atlanta.

stevenlu7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
How did you do the radio hack mod? Interested in doing the same for my R. Thanks!
GLWS.

Acc0rd79

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2013 Nissan GTR, 2001 Honda Prelude, 1991 Honda Prelude Si
Country flag
May I asked if you have approached a dealer asking how much they would give you for it cash offer? You have to be getting close to that now. How is it not even sold now at 30? Put the family on the back burner, treat yourself:)

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
With all the ADM still going on in most metro areas, you might get more from the dealer IMHO, not to mention the impending foreign car tariff. Used passenger car prices are actually ticking upward. GLWYS.

Colddrink

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 RR FK8, 99 10AE Miata, 1974 BMW 2002, 16 Honda H-RV
Country flag

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
Interesting that, if you look at Cars.com or CarMax, you see retail listings of CTR's and they are priced higher than the original MSRP, in many cases a few/several thousand above that. There was even a 2017 with 38,000 miles (not a misprint) that was listed at $35K. Even if you assume that the price was negotiated down somewhat, the asking price here is well below the fair market value for sure.

It's a tremendous bargain folks, if you want a red RR. At this price, I bet that you can even flip it and make thousands.
Sponsored