s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
From my 2021 Type R that I took delivery in December of 2020. Used for 18k miles. Bumper PPF'ed and ceramic-coated.

Had a roadkill hit incident last November 2021 which damaged the front bumper. It was holding up the front splitter just fine, even when pushing down on it. There was no splitter sag and you couldn't see the damage looking at the car, unless you bent down and looked underneath. One of the passenger side connections was broken; driver side fine. I still went ahead and did the repairs against prevailing wisdom, since the damage would bother me psychologically. I continued driving the car for a few more months until last week (excluding winter), when the bumper was finally replaced. Some days, I had forgotten I even had a damaged bumper. If you're using something heavier than the stock splitter, I would probably pass though. Thread on the incident below for clarification...

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...maged-by-roadkill-to-fix-or-not-to-fix.69954/

Compatible with all years 2017-2021.

Procuring this part at a Honda dealer parts department would set you back $515 retail price, plus tax. And this particular part is currently on national backorder, due to supply chain issues.

$220 - local pickup/meetup in the Long Island/NYC metro or tri-state (NY/NJ/CT) areas only. Thanks!

Honda Civic 10th gen FS: 2017-2021 CTR front bumper cover (damaged) - SOLD SmartSelect_20220430-172914_Gallery

Honda Civic 10th gen FS: 2017-2021 CTR front bumper cover (damaged) - SOLD 20220430_155434

Honda Civic 10th gen FS: 2017-2021 CTR front bumper cover (damaged) - SOLD 20220430_155514

Honda Civic 10th gen FS: 2017-2021 CTR front bumper cover (damaged) - SOLD 20220430_155536

Honda Civic 10th gen FS: 2017-2021 CTR front bumper cover (damaged) - SOLD 20220430_155821

DRuby

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
From my 2021 Type R that I took delivery in December of 2020. Used for 18k miles. Bumper PPF'ed and ceramic-coated.

Had a roadkill hit incident last November 2021 which damaged the front bumper. It was holding up the front splitter just fine, even when pushing down on it. There was no splitter sag and you couldn't see the damage looking at the car, unless you bent down and looked underneath. One of the passenger side connections was broken; driver side fine. I still went ahead and did the repairs against prevailing wisdom, since the damage would bother me psychologically. I continued driving the car for a few more months until last week (excluding winter), when the bumper was finally replaced. Some days, I had forgotten I even had a damaged bumper. If you're using something heavier than the stock splitter, I would probably pass though. Thread on the incident below for clarification...

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...maged-by-roadkill-to-fix-or-not-to-fix.69954/

Compatible with all years 2017-2021.

Procuring this part at a Honda dealer parts department would set you back $515 retail price, plus tax. And this particular part is currently on national backorder, due to supply chain issues.

$220 - local pickup/meetup in the Long Island/NYC metro or tri-state (NY/NJ/CT) areas only. Thanks!

SmartSelect_20220430-172914_Gallery.jpg

20220430_155434.jpg

20220430_155514.jpg

20220430_155536.jpg

20220430_155821.jpg
Did you get this bumper cover already painted to OEM spec?

DRuby

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
You mean the new one? Yes.
Thanks. My SI has a dented bumper cover and 2 body shops I went to quoted a painted replacement. Both quotes were $1k+.
I'd rather get an OEM part to match or find a better body shop that will order an OEM part. I might even DIY if I can get a proper part.
Can you send me some info. If you'd prefer email: [email protected]

OP
OP

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I would get an OEM bumper cover, as the fit and finish is guaranteed and the standard of quality is there. You can have the body shop order the part, or you can order the part yourself and have a shop paint it. Insurance covered my issue, so I just went to one of the best shops in Suffolk County I know, not caring about the cost.

DRuby

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
I would get an OEM bumper cover, as the fit and finish is guaranteed and the standard of quality is there. You can have the body shop order the part, or you can order the part yourself and have a shop paint it. Insurance covered my issue, so I just went to one of the best shops in Suffolk County I know, not caring about the cost.
What body shop did you use?

OP
OP

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Elrich Auto Body over in Riverhead/Aquebogue. AFAIK, they are the only 1 or 2 certified Porsche/Audi body shops in the entire county, get a lot of work from the Hamptons too. They are usually busy and don't rush with work. They don't screw around, they don't "bury" deductibles, they don't take shortcuts, they only work with OEM parts. They are particular sometimes and decline to work on some cars if it's too busy or the car is too old. He worked on my S2000 a few times but after a certain point, he wouldn't work on it since parts weren't easy to find. Not for lowballers or negotiators. You respect their labor and price (not that it's unreasonable by any means), and they will do quality work. In the event that insurance wouldn't cover his full labor rate, I just paid him the difference (wasn't that much anyway), didn't try to short-change him.

DRuby

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
Elrich Auto Body over in Riverhead/Aquebogue. AFAIK, they are the only 1 or 2 certified Porsche/Audi body shops in the entire county, get a lot of work from the Hamptons too. They are usually busy and don't rush with work. They don't screw around, they don't "bury" deductibles, they don't take shortcuts, they only work with OEM parts. They are particular sometimes and decline to work on some cars if it's too busy or the car is too old. He worked on my S2000 a few times but after a certain point, he wouldn't work on it since parts weren't easy to find. Not for lowballers or negotiators. You respect their labor and price (not that it's unreasonable by any means), and they will do quality work. In the event that insurance wouldn't cover his full labor rate, I just paid him the difference (wasn't that much anyway), didn't try to short-change him.
Thanks. I have a place on Shelter Island so this might work out for the summer when I'm around full time. I didn't get a warm feeling from the two body shops I've tried. This sounds better.

OP
OP

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yep, I can vouch for this place and will continue to go there. You don't want a shop where they will "bury" the deductible and are open to negotiate prices because then they will just cut corners instead, those are red flags right there. These guys do top-notch work.

Elrich also did my windshield replacement. They wanted to it keep it 2-3 days for it to stick properly and do the calibration, whereas most shops would rush to send you on your way on the same day to free up space.
Sponsored

Last edited: