Frozen Touch Screen

B727skyguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L
Country flag
The touch screen on my 2017 Civic EX-L has frozen twice. The “Info Menu” does not go away, and all of the other functions are locked out. The only way to regain control of the touch screen is to pull over, shut off the car, and then restart it. Obviously that is not always practical to do and should not be necessary. I really wish the car did not have that touch screen. It is annoying and is more trouble than it’s worth.

My dealership has never heard of this before and cannot offer any solutions at this time.

Honda Civic 10th gen Frozen Touch Screen Honda Civic 2017 Frozen Touch Screen-1.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Frozen Touch Screen Honda Civic 2017 Frozen Touch Screen-2.JPG

Flipdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch Sport Touring, 2016 Odyssey EX-L/RES, 2008 CBR600RR (still a Honda)
The touch screen on my 2017 Civic EX-L has frozen twice. The “Info Menu” does not go away, and all of the other functions are locked out. The only way to regain control of the touch screen is to pull over, shut off the car, and then restart it. Obviously that is not always practical to do and should not be necessary. I really wish the car did not have that touch screen. It is annoying and is more trouble than it’s worth.

My dealership has never heard of this before and cannot offer any solutions at this time.

Honda Civic 2017 Frozen Touch Screen-1.JPG

Honda Civic 2017 Frozen Touch Screen-2.JPG
I had a similar issue and what I did was take it to my dealer and one of the techs disconnected the battery cables for about 20min., then connected everything again. It has been fine since, it's been about 2 weeks. If your comfortable disconnecting the battery cables, I would give this a try. Good luck!