jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Are strut bars necessary on the new chassis? Spoon has subframe collars that might be more functional
well if we’re being real most of these handling mods aren’t needed. The car handles relatively well stock compared to past Honda’s. The collar essentially tightens the fit of the bolts to have less play/flex and helps with alignment. And a strut bar anchors the body together to have less flex. There are better option out there if you want to get rid of flex compared to the collars and a strut bar. But add the components in conjunction together and you have a car that’s milking as much handling as you can. Ease of install though points go to the strut bar.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
... a strut bar anchors the body together to have less flex.
Just a little clarification. Yes, additional chassis braces reduce body flex which in turn improves handling. But, in particular, a front strut bar reduces flex/movement of the strut towers which helps keep suspension geometry intact during hard cornering or quick lane changes.

FK7Build

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
This is true I’ve ask many questions on this forum about strut bars
any many answers was that a one piece bar is the best with more research on the net and this forum for the price a lot agreed with the dc sports strut bar i ordered one on eBay and installed a few days ago it makes the car feel solid on twisty roads ( unfortunately not many in the area I live in Florida but the few I take advantage on )

53472DA9-0325-47A9-9004-0F3440C01CE4.jpeg
Where did you get that bar with the black finish?

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
I'm running a custom strut bar using a Yamaha Performance Damper made for Nissan with custom-made brackets. The damper was a used item for $150 on eBay. Zero benefits to the driving experience for a daily. Felt like stock without one.

Honda Civic 10th gen Front Strut Tower Bar Survey img_1513-

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
i believe they are mostly for looks unless you drive like a maniac.that sid,i bought one for my other car(camaro).at least i have a place to hang my beach towel to dry it.

absolude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KW SC 2007 CSX Type S, 2023 PWP Si
Country flag
i believe they are mostly for looks unless you drive like a maniac.that sid,i bought one for my other car(camaro).at least i have a place to hang my beach towel to dry it.
Agree. A well sorted suspension does make the front strut tower bar completely useless, especially on the street.
Mine gave some minor improvement for low speed, sudden side to side changes but the impact is a lot less than even the front sway bar links.

My other Honda, with a HFP suspension is a lot more neutral with absolutely no need for a strut bar...
Sponsored