First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alright, you guys convinced me, installed mine today, I'll just take it off for next AutoX to stay in the HS class lol

Install was easy, my strut plate came right out, along with some paint near the bolt :(
Good that I have touch up paint ready, get that fixed, have those 2 lines covered, put in on, torque the bolts to just a little over 32 ft lb, install finished~

Now how do you guys experience the difference? lol

Honda Civic 10th gen Front Strut Tower Bar Survey 20200703_170517
Sponsored

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Alright, you guys convinced me, installed mine today, I'll just take it off for next AutoX to stay in the HS class lol

Install was easy, my strut plate came right out, along with some paint near the bolt :(
Good that I have touch up paint ready, get that fixed, have those 2 lines covered, put in on, torque the bolts to just a little over 32 ft lb, install finished~

Now how do you guys experience the difference? lol

20200703_170517.jpg
+1 for the DC bar! I also have one.

Can't speak on what difference just the bar made, because I installed it at the same time as a Progress 22.2mm RSB and K-Tuned lowering springs. But steering feel is still pretty tight and precise.

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
+1 for the DC bar! I also have one.

Can't speak on what difference just the bar made, because I installed it at the same time as a Progress 22.2mm RSB and K-Tuned lowering springs. But steering feel is still pretty tight and precise.
Got to find more back roads to try it!

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You'll notice it more on quick lane changes than anything. On my 2002, didn't notice a difference, changed to coilovers, decided not to reinstall, took for a test drive, and turned right around to reinstall it. Was driving down the road in my neighborhood doing that thing that Nascar drivers do to keep their tires warm when the pace car is out, and steering felt very noticably sloppier. Imo, it's one of those things you don't quite notice until you take it off

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You'll notice it more on quick lane changes than anything. On my 2002, didn't notice a difference, changed to coilovers, decided not to reinstall, took for a test drive, and turned right around to reinstall it. Was driving down the road in my neighborhood doing that thing that Nascar drivers do to keep their tires warm when the pace car is out, and steering felt very noticably sloppier. Imo, it's one of those things you don't quite notice until you take it off
That's interesting...

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. With a one piece bar, quick lane changes feel more stable. Front end feels more solid over bumps and the steering feels slightly more precise.

You have to understand that strut bars and chassis braces are different than something like a rear sway bar. A bigger rear sway bar will reduce understeer and body roll and makes a big difference even when the car isn't being pushed super hard.

Chassis braces/bars generally do something else. By tightening things up and keeping suspension geometry where it should be, they let the suspension components do their job better, improving the car's overall handling and even safety.

Just keep in mind the differences are mainly noticeable when you start pushing the car hard. Which is why I see a lot of people putting in a strut bar and then taking a cruise and saying "it didn't do a thing". A lot of times they are expecting less body roll or drastic differences in cornering and not pushing things to at least 7-8/10th's.

Here's a great article explaining things in more detail: https://dsportmag.com/the-tech/chassis-101-performance-control-safety/

Last edited:

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The directions from DC is to remove the OEM plates (If you have them. My coupe did not) when installing the strut bar. My reading comprehension has made it unclear if you are talking about the OEM plates or something that came with your coil kit. I would ask DC Sports what they recommend.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Yep. With a one piece bar, quick lane changes feel more stable. Front end feels more solid over bumps and the steering feels slightly more precise.
This is exactly What I experienced I also installed the bar around the same time I got new tires ( gripper tires) so I experienced all around better handling

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The directions from DC is to remove the OEM plates (If you have them. My coupe did not) when installing the strut bar. My reading comprehension has made it unclear if you are talking about the OEM plates or something that came with your coil kit. I would ask DC Sports what they recommend.
He's talking about the plates that come on the hatches and yes you remove them before the install.

DaiLo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ignore my caption lol, but where I circled is where I put protective covering that comes with the DC bar

AFE8C037-7A42-4B4A-9155-EA65DE5BCBCC.jpeg
With the DC Sports bar, I wanted some clarification about those hose protectors. Are they clip on? Or do you need to disconnect hoses? I see one is coming from the battery but what's the other? If you do need to disconnect them, from where and using what tool (size of socket?)?

Also, @gtman the plates you're talking about would be just after removing the nuts on the strut tower right?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The plates on the hatches come off before you install the bar. They would be redundant with the bar and the bolts would thread on even less.

The plastic protectors are optional as a measure of protection. No hose removal needed. Just put them where you think it's needed.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
To my eye; the hose protectors are a long curly coiled spiral; like a coiled telephone handset cord. You just wrap them on.

vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Country flag
do any of these bars allow for the camber adjustment? slotted holes?

Si_NSX904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Let's all agree a one piece is the best approach. But unless you are absolutely track minded, a strut tower bar isn't going to be the end all. Go with what you like and what fits your end goal. I'll never go to the track nor do coil overs. So mine are for looks and whatever help it provides, not forget, cost.

tripodog

First Name
kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fc2 sport 2.slow
Country flag
Are strut bars necessary on the new chassis? Spoon has subframe collars that might be more functional
Sponsored