Front Strut Tower Bar Survey

Deleted member 40377

Total noob question. I understand the benefits of a single-piece bar for the rigidity and strength, but wouldn't a 3-piece (2 tower mounts and the bar) be easier to get at the engine (namely the battery)? Are you losing that much in the design? I'm not doing any track stuff but plan on some spirited runs when I can. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jayy_swish

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Total noob question. I understand the benefits of a single-piece bar for the rigidity and strength, but wouldn't a 3-piece (2 tower mounts and the bar) be easier to get at the engine (namely the battery)? Are you losing that much in the design? I'm not doing any track stuff but plan on some spirited runs when I can. Any advice would be much appreciated.
It really comes down to what you want/prefer. Like me when it comes time to change the battery I don’t mind having to remove the DC bar to get to the battery if that’s an inconvenience to you I’d go with the 3 piece bar. The difference between a 3 piece bar and 1 piece Is that where the pieces bolt on together because it’s not a stationary piece it will have remotely more flex within itself than a bar that is a 1 piece welded design. That being said a front strut bar (3-piece or 1-piece) is better than no strut bar installed. If you want a GOOD working strut bar a 3-piece is for you. If you want the BEST working strut bar any of these can offer you, you want a 1-piece bar.

DRTHVDR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CivicX Hatch
Country flag
I put in a DC strut one piece. It was a bit of cheddar....and certainly more than $50. But one piece is the way to go. As previous posts have stated a strut bar is to limit flex so why would you want flex in the bar?

It takes 3 minutes to get the bar off. And another 5 to get it back on.

Deleted member 40377

It really comes down to what you want/prefer. Like me when it comes time to change the battery I don’t mind having to remove the DC bar to get to the battery if that’s an inconvenience to you I’d go with the 3 piece bar. The difference between a 3 piece bar and 1 piece Is that where the pieces bolt on together because it’s not a stationary piece it will have remotely more flex within itself than a bar that is a 1 piece welded design. That being said a front strut bar (3-piece or 1-piece) is better than no strut bar installed. If you want a GOOD working strut bar a 3-piece is for you. If you want the BEST working strut bar any of these can offer you, you want a 1-piece bar.
Thanks, something really to consider.

jaybuckets

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
little late to the thread, but I'm in the market for a DC sports front strut bar but I currently run BC racing coils w/ camber plates and I was curious if anybody else has this setup. Do the plates have to come off or can the bar just sit flush on top of everything?

OP
OP
jayy_swish

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
little late to the thread, but I'm in the market for a DC sports front strut bar but I currently run BC racing coils w/ camber plates and I was curious if anybody else has this setup. Do the plates have to come off or can the bar just sit flush on top of everything?
It should fit, but if you have that black top piece that comes stock on the struts up top, that has to be removed to have more bolt thread engagement. All that matters is the strut bolts if they’re in the stock location/length should be no issues. All the adjustment are within the strut hole opening correct ?

jaybuckets

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It should fit, but if you have that black top piece that comes stock on the struts up top, that has to be removed to have more bolt thread engagement. All that matters is the strut bolts if they’re in the stock location/length should be no issues. All the adjustment are within the strut hole opening correct ?
Yeah the camber adjustment is within the strut itself and the plate sits on top of the tower in the engine bay, I'd imagine taking off that plate is just sliding it off once the nuts are removed, I just wanted to make sure cause there's no point in running a front strut bar if it doesn't sit right lol

OP
OP
jayy_swish

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah the camber adjustment is within the strut itself and the plate sits on top of the tower in the engine bay, I'd imagine taking off that plate is just sliding it off once the nuts are removed, I just wanted to make sure cause there's no point in running a front strut bar if it doesn't sit right lol
Do you have a photo?

jaybuckets

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have a photo?
Honda Civic 10th gen Front Strut Tower Bar Survey 45E0BF8E-C9BB-461C-BC66-972D612F8E32

been at work so sorry for the late reply but you can see where the strut bolts come up and mount with the nuts with that plate in between, i’m pretty sure it has to come off for proper fitment.

jaybuckets

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That area is pretty wide open so you'll still have access to the allen head bolts. Best picture I had that I could find of the strut tower mounting area
HVGEKhH.jpg
Yeah my issue wasn't with the size of the bar, I was more worried about that plate that comes with the coilovers having to come off in order for the bar to seat right, I think if the bar sat on top of that plate it wouldn't grab enough of the bolt.

xRiCeBoYx

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah, gotcha. I clearly suck at reading. My bad.

OEM came with those plates, and I straight chucked them during the strut bar install. At the end of the day, the base plate of the strut bar would theoretically serve the same purpose, no?

jaybuckets

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah, gotcha. I clearly suck at reading. My bad.

OEM came with those plates, and I straight chucked them during the strut bar install. At the end of the day, the base plate of the strut bar would theoretically serve the same purpose, no?
I've had coils for so long I totally forget if my OEM struts came with the same plates lol, the plate just slides off once the nuts are removed though right?

jaybuckets

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lifts straight up and off the strut mounting studs

you are referring to the black, almost rotary-shaped plates in your picture, right? If so, yeah
ah okay good that was my only concern, appreciate the help bro
Sponsored