First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does this thermal wrap require disconnecting the hoses/cables or is it a wrap with a slit or coil that you can slip over or wrap onto the existing line? Looking to pick it up (or something similar). Thanks.
Yep, disconnecting stuff is required. It's literally constructed like a chinese fingertrap. Negative battery cable was a non-issue to take off, but I was more apprehensive about the rubber tube since I couldn't find a damn thing about what it was or what that tube may or may not contain. Traced it around a bit and said screw it and went all in. I still don't 100% know what it is, but I still do strongly believe it's the fuel purge line, and at most, it may have some fuel vapors in it, but not enough to get fuel everywhere. Mine was bone dry when I took it off.

If you don't feel like taking stuff off, I guess you can grab a roll of regular thermal wrap and wrap it like one would do to exhaust piping
Sponsored

verbalj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yep, disconnecting stuff is required. It's literally constructed like a chinese fingertrap. Negative battery cable was a non-issue to take off, but I was more apprehensive about the rubber tube since I couldn't find a damn thing about what it was or what that tube may or may not contain. Traced it around a bit and said screw it and went all in. I still don't 100% know what it is, but I still do strongly believe it's the fuel purge line, and at most, it may have some fuel vapors in it, but not enough to get fuel everywhere. Mine was bone dry when I took it off.

If you don't feel like taking stuff off, I guess you can grab a roll of regular thermal wrap and wrap it like one would do to exhaust piping
thanks for the heads up. I don’t mind disconnecting tubes, but in my experience, those tubes under the hood are always a pain in the ass to disconnect and sometimes reconnect. If I can avoid it, I would, but like you, I feel it’s necessary to put on a sleeve since the bar rests right on top of it (and the battery’s negative terminal).

I’ll go to my local auto parts store to see if they have it or something similar. Thank you!

integra15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I have the the Ultra Racing bar as well. Honestly did not feel anything. But it looks amazing and will hold its value really well being the only one piece. Side note it blocks access to the brake fluid.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I have the the Ultra Racing bar as well. Honestly did not feel anything. But it looks amazing and will hold its value really well being the only one piece. Side note it blocks access to the brake fluid.
Actually, it's not the only one piece bar.

Honda Civic 10th gen Front Strut Tower Bar Survey 20200527_173810

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
Elite Sponsor
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Vehicle(s)
18 SI, 18 CTR, 22 Si, 23 Integra
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We are aiming for a mid to late summer release of our bar, Actually just confirmed final fitment this morning along with all our customer feedback and these will be moving to production now.
Honda Civic 10th gen Front Strut Tower Bar Survey Civic SI front strut tower bar
Honda Civic 10th gen Front Strut Tower Bar Survey Tower Brace with holes for camber plates

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Galant ES 2.4, 18 Sienna XLE (FWD), 18 FK7 ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Okay, I know it's not as rigid as the one piece design ones, but I've seen in a local selling group someone is selling a Megan strut bar for like $50, is that worth a try? Or I should go straight to one piece?

OP
OP
jayy_swish

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Okay, I know it's not as rigid as the one piece design ones, but I've seen in a local selling group someone is selling a Megan strut bar for like $50, is that worth a try? Or I should go straight to one piece?
A 1 piece design (meaning a wielded together piece, no screws or bolts to take the pieces apart) will have less flex within itself, so it is more rigid

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A 1 piece design (meaning a wielded together piece, no screws or bolts to take the pieces apart) will have less flex within itself, so it is more rigid
Appreciate your answer, I do understand it's not gonna be as rigid, I'm just debating $50 vs $180 (ish) of a difference, would I still get anything worth out of the $50 one?

OP
OP
jayy_swish

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Appreciate your answer, I do understand it's not gonna be as rigid, I'm just debating $50 vs $180 (ish) of a difference, would I still get anything worth out of the $50 one?
That’s up to you if your up for spending the money on a 1 piece or not, but if you don’t have other handling mods this isn’t a mod that will be night or day than say a rear sway bar. This is only felt on super sharp turns where body rolls is a huge factor so for daily driving it’s really not felt. That being said I recommend pairing this with the type r subframe brace. It was discussed in this post early on, so you can find part numbers there if needed it’s a $30 mod. Felt my Front suspension was stable going over dips and bumps with it compared to not. Although, I would recommend shelling out on a one piece front strut bar. I am pleased with the DC bar as it’s 1 piece, thick, and sturdy.. plus allows access to the brake reservoir

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag

yhkwok

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That’s up to you if your up for spending the money on a 1 piece or not, but if you don’t have other handling mods this isn’t a mod that will be night or day than say a rear sway bar. This is only felt on super sharp turns where body rolls is a huge factor so for daily driving it’s really not felt. That being said I recommend pairing this with the type r subframe brace. It was discussed in this post early on, so you can find part numbers there if needed it’s a $30 mod. Felt my Front suspension was stable going over dips and bumps with it compared to not. Although, I would recommend shelling out on a one piece front strut bar. I am pleased with the DC bar as it’s 1 piece, thick, and sturdy.. plus allows access to the brake reservoir
Yes, this is part of the plan, Type R subframe brace is already on, Type R RSB + Accord endlink is also ready, but I'm not putting them in until I lower it, just want it to be firmer first considered many said the Type R RSB tend to oversteer, more support will probably give me a peace of mind. I do AutoX my civic sometime, but I'm not putting much performance mods on so far, just wanna see how much I could squeeze from stock first.

Reason I ask about the Megan bar is simply because it's a good deal to me, but if it's not going to show enough improvements or if down the road I'll upgrade to one piece anyway, I may just wait then.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, this is part of the plan, Type R subframe brace is already on, Type R RSB + Accord endlink is also ready, but I'm not putting them in until I lower it, just want it to be firmer first considered many said the Type R RSB tend to oversteer, more support will probably give me a peace of mind. I do AutoX my civic sometime, but I'm not putting much performance mods on so far, just wanna see how much I could squeeze from stock first.

Reason I ask about the Megan bar is simply because it's a good deal to me, but if it's not going to show enough improvements or if down the road I'll upgrade to one piece anyway, I may just wait then.
I get it, $50 is a good deal. But those hinged 3 piece bars, while better than nothing, are less functional compared to the solid bars. Bang for the buck, the DC Sports bar is a great choice.
Sponsored