First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Ex (1.5 T)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have been looking into getting a front strut bar for my civic. I have been looking at the SiriMoto Phase 2 Strut Bar. Is this a good reliable option? If it isn't what would you suggest? Thanks for the help :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jude Weidner

Jude Weidner

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Thank you very much. When you installed it was it necessary to move any of the battery wires or anything around the area out of the way?
No nothing needs to be moved or removed, but you should cover the battery wires and if you read through the thread it will tell you there’s a hose that needs to be protected as well as these bars get hot because of engine bay temperature and if your driving the car aggressively the bar can heat up to the point where it melts that hose. The DC bar comes with a protective “shell” to put over the hose, but it gives enough that I put it on the battery cables as well

OP
OP
Jude Weidner

Jude Weidner

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No nothing needs to be moved or removed, but you should cover the battery wires and if you read through the thread it will tell you there’s a hose that needs to be protected as well as these bars get hot because of engine bay temperature and if your driving the car aggressively the bar can heat up to the point where it melts that hose. The DC bar comes with a protective “shell” to put over the hose, but it gives enough that I put it on the battery cables as well
Okay, thank you very much :)

bay_hatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im starting to see that same issue. I have a sirimoto strut bar and yesterday when examining the battery, I noticed electrical tape that was around the hose of the negative terminal started to melt. Will probably end up buying some foam tape to wrap around.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Im starting to see that same issue. I have a sirimoto strut bar and yesterday when examining the battery, I noticed electrical tape that was around the hose of the negative terminal started to melt. Will probably end up buying some foam tape to wrap around.
At autozone they see wraps meant to protected hoses, pipes, etc from heat issues it’s like $25 I believe. I’m sure you can find cheaper but it’s a start: https://www.autozone.com/emission-c...ng-titanium-protect-a-sleeve-10065/672865_0_0
Sponsored